PDA

View Full Version : Not a song, but wanted to share...

MDgarthgirl
04-08-2001, 02:00 PM
Hey Everybody,

I wanted to tell a story about what's happened to me in the last few weeks. And it's all thanks to a friend named Jenny Clower who moved in with us temporarily this semester. She left yesterday to move to Georgia. :(
She's a folk musician and plays guitar wonderfully.

I was making dinner one night while she fiddled with the guitar in the living room. We were talking music, and all of a sudden, she told she had SO much music she wanted to put lyrics to. (After remembering what it took to allow myself to share lyrics with Garth) I went out on a limb and said, "Well, I've got Tons of lyrics I'd love to put Music to." and laughed. She said, "Really? Can I see them?"

So I went and printed out the ones I thought she might like and took them to her. She read through one called, "We'd Get By With This." Within the Hour, she had it basically finished. I was amazed.

It gets better. She then told me she's working with a producer to go through her stuff and get a demo made. She wants "We'd Get By With This" to be One of the three on the demo! :):) (Let's see what her producer thinks, lol)

We also fiddled around with "I Can't Begin To Miss You" and got chords to it. I sang it all through class until I was home again. It makes what I have written so "real" when I hear them sung. THIS is what Garth feels after writing a song?? *SIGH* Lucky man.

Just to add an extra compliment, cuz good ones are So hard to find ;), Jenny told me that she was not surprised at all that I was such an amazing writer. (I'm not sure where I exuded that characteristic, since I only showed her one of my poems a LONG time ago:))

Thanks for listening. I'll try to have something more interesting, namely lyrics, next time. :)

Nash

Pilgrim
04-08-2001, 07:58 PM
WOW!!!! That is soooooooooo cool:D:D:D

Are you the new Dixie Chicks??;) Would be great and PERFECT if you "finally" could get something released:):)

You really really deserve that:D:D:D

Brian:)

nelty
04-10-2001, 11:56 AM
HEY Nash congrads...

I haven't been in here for ages... lol

Nelly

littlebit
04-10-2001, 08:21 PM
Congratulation's Nash!! i hope we'll be able to hear it down the line. i can only base what i feel on the words you write. But girl, you can write 'em so well. i think this is long overdue!! :)

Vanessa
04-10-2001, 08:44 PM
This is really GREAT news Nash!! You are a highgly talented person and you deserve this!! WTG!! :) :)

Vanessa :)

MDgarthgirl
04-11-2001, 11:30 PM
Thanks for all the support, y'all! :) hehe, no Brian, we're not quite THAT good. ;)

But actually, ....like I usually do, I spoke too soon. Right after I posted, talking to Jenny, her producer bailed on their appointment cuz he was too far behind in his work.

So I don't know what's going to happen now. But hey, I'm farther along than I was last week, so woohoo! lol

Take Care,
Nash

Lowland_Kid
04-12-2001, 04:48 PM
Hi Nash,

Shame that it has been postponed. See, that is the way to look at it. :)

I would be totally surprised if none of your songs would ever be released!

Good luck!

:)
Marjolijn

XIXMaverickXIX
05-01-2001, 10:51 PM
Hey Nash, all i can say is SOOOOOOO TIGHT!!:cool:

It's a great opportunity, and I wish ya the best of luck, keep it cool.