PDA

View Full Version : What's this mean??

Vanessa
04-04-2001, 10:22 PM
Hey ya'll!! :)

I was looking at a PGer's site and I'm wondering what this means...

This goes with the Garthmoment story where Mike Piazza comes up and starts singing

The URL is: http://www.zing.com/album/?tstart=0&tpics=20&tshowall=0&tnewonly=1&id=4294687217&tcols=4

I hope that the link works! :) and that someone can please fill me in as to what this means! Thanks! :)

Vanessa :)

The pic number is 81

Garthmedic
04-04-2001, 10:50 PM
I have no idea, Vanessa, BUT- Those were AWESOME pictures! I have never seen them before! Vey cool!

--spud--:)

Monica Lockhart
04-05-2001, 12:44 AM
I can fill you in on that story.. as that is my photo! :)

Garth was practicing on the same field as Mike Piazza and doing drills...

The coach was drilling with a few other players on the field so this left a little break for Garth, Mike and several other players..

Mike plays catcher and Garth was practicing at First base at the time this little event occured.

Garth is standing at First Base talking to two other players. Since Kelli ( my best friend) and I were standing along side the first base line fence (with many other's I might add) we kept trying to get Garth to turn around and look at us for a front shot...( we had sooooo many butt shots it was time to see those beautiful baby blues..)

So, we keep calling Garth...and he's not budging... he keeps in the conversation when all of sudden Mike Piazza comes running up and as he approaches Garth he starts singing " Three Thirty In the Morning..Not a Soul In Sight"

Garth and the other players start laughing...Kelli yells to Garth " Hey Garth, sounds like you've got some competition out there.." and I said " Yeah, he sounds pretty good"...

Well, low and behold, that got Garth to turn around and look staight at us and as he turns around he motions his hand to say " so-so" meaning..He thinks Mike sings ok but of course he's not Garth.. LOL.. :)

It was one of the highlights of the trip! The Mets players just loved him!!

Hope that helps!

Moni

Garthmedic
04-05-2001, 01:04 AM
Monica-

Thanks for the inside scoop. Sounded like a great time!

--spud--:)

Wendi5000
04-05-2001, 10:20 AM
:cool:

sasteen
04-05-2001, 10:27 AM
Monica

Those were some great pics, thanks for posting them.

It looks like you all had a great time, maybe someday I will get there too.

I am sooooooo jealous.

Shelly Pa

Vanessa
04-05-2001, 03:16 PM
LOL Monica!! That sounds really cute!! :cool:!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Vanessa :)

Hawk7lte
04-05-2001, 04:12 PM
Most of those pictures look great. And almost all of the titles are cute.

I tried hard to get to Florida then. Cost me a couple of hundred not to go. I would have been coming in when he was leaving though - was given the wrong dates. Sure did want to see how he walked though and to watch the baseball training (been a long time since I did that with my Dad). Besides one of "my" other teams was in the area too.

Sigh,
Hawk

Y@nkee
04-05-2001, 07:03 PM
Monica has some of her pics posted at webshots.com...

I downloaded them to my work computer and now I get to stare at Garth all day long!!Thanx, Moni!!! Everyone comments on the great Garth photos I have on my screensaver!!!

Y@nkee

Monica Lockhart
04-05-2001, 08:02 PM
I too have the webshots screensaver and desktop at work and everyone around me does too! (They love looking at Garth!..who wouldn't??)

the link to my webshots homepage is:

http://community.webshots.com/user/gatorgirl4garth

CheyenneWindRoper
04-05-2001, 09:16 PM
Very cool Moni!
:cool:

All your pictures are awesome!

:)
Mary Liz