PDA

View Full Version : Tribute Book - DELIVERED - The Story

Chris Gaines
03-27-2001, 12:27 AM
okay.. since this isn't just a moment for me but for the "Membership" of PG... lol

I'm posting this here in the Main Forum :p
-----------------------------------------------------------

I walked up to Garth and shook his hand (sorry gals no huggies :p)

Garth: "What's your name?"

Me: "Jason"

Garth: "Haven't I met you before?"

Me: "Yes, in October for the Opry Bash and Taping" :)

Garth: "Oh yes, You gave me the plaque with the albums on
it? Right?"

Me: "Yes, that would be me!" <g>

Garth: "You know, I took that back to my office that night and looked at it, it seemed different. You know what I discovered?"

Me: "Nope can't say that I would know." (I don't have ESP!)

Garth: "I noticed it was not even on both sides" (The Albums there was an odd number on one side than the other.)
.. "I counted them, and I realized I got 13 ablums out right now, that's pretty scarey. No wonder this last year had been as it was. What you trying to tell me? That I need to hurry and get #14 out there to end the curse?"

Me: "Sure Garth, I know everyone here wouldn't mind that at all!" (we both chuckle)

Garth: "Thanks for that plaque it was great."

Me: "Garth, well tonight, it seems, I have another gift to present to you... This was made by the members of PlanetGarth and took us a while to make... I hope you enjoy this book." (Hands him the book outside of the cardboard)

Garth: (Looks at the front cover for a few seconds) "Very nice..." (Flips it over reads the back of the book) "Very cool!" (skims the inside a little)... "You guys always have the coolest gifts to give."

Me: "We sold these books to 350 People on the net and all was engraved, just like yours. (He looks at the engraving)
Main reason for the sale was to make it cheaper, people chipped in to give you yours for free to you today."

Garth: "I can understand that."

Me: "They did screw up these book as they was suppose to have numbers on them and a few other minor errors, so you will get a new book in the mail soon."

Garth: (Nods)

Me: "Also, I brought with me Sandy's book and also your Dad's book. I'm sure you can deliver these for us. Right?"

Garth: "Yeah, this a very nice."

(He shakes my hand again... I start to wonder off.. lol
somewhere in the crowd people yell "Garth we wanna pic of you and the book!")

Garth gets me back there.. holds the book to his chest and wraps an arm around me in a litle pose..
And flash bulbs go nutts :p

I say Thanks Garth :)
He handed the books ot the security guy that put them in his pile in the guard shack.

And up came the next sole (which happened to be Mary Liz.. that gave Garth something even cooler!!) (But I know he'll charish both!)

So there ya have it... the entire transcript! LOL
Jason

(One pic included.. Thanks Valerie.. I touched it up so you can see hats and less people around) :)

Chris Gaines
03-27-2001, 12:31 AM
Also on Friday at 3pm..

I personally met up with Kelly Brooks at GB Management and gave him GB Managements copy of the book.

He seemed a little iffy at first, but I think after reading it he'll see the hard work and dedication put behind it and knowing that it will not be sold later in production or anything.

:)

Jason

Lowell Miller
03-27-2001, 03:51 AM
Thank you Jason! :) WoW. That was great! :)

Lowland_Kid
03-27-2001, 04:21 AM
Thanks Jason, that was very cool! I liked the pic too! My daughter (3.5 yrs) saw it and said: "Look! Two Garth Brooks!" Is that a compliment or what?! :)

Marjolijn

Pilgrim
03-27-2001, 05:25 AM
Very cool:):)

Brian

Gemo
03-27-2001, 06:28 AM
Very nice picture of the both of you Jason. :-)

jstensig
03-27-2001, 10:37 AM
Cool:)

Jakob

vjthedj
03-27-2001, 12:17 PM
Other than the pictures I took while Garth was performing.. The picture of you and Garth is my favorite, next would be the 2 I took of Mary Liz giving him that "cool" gift.

Thanks for waiting in the cold with us so we could share the Moment with you! And sorry about the cold!

Valerie (vj the dj)

Y@nkee
03-27-2001, 01:21 PM
Way to go Jas!!!

You 'da man of the hour'!!!!

;) ;) ;)
;) :D ;)
;) ;) ;)

Y@nkee

ProducerJ
03-27-2001, 01:28 PM
Thanks for sharing the whole transcript, I caught a bit of him talking about the number of albums, and I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. :-)

I also remember hearing him specifically thank you for thinking of his dad. :-)
J.

Chris Gaines
03-27-2001, 01:40 PM
Joyce :)
Thanks.. I didn't remember everything.. but I think I for the most of it! LOL

I didn't remember that part about his dad at all.. (go figure) :)

But that's why you all was listening too .. right? :)

Jason

Vanessa
03-27-2001, 03:00 PM
Thanks for sharing Jason! I know Garth and his Dad'll really enjoy it! :) great pic too! :)

Vanessa :)

ann middleton
03-27-2001, 03:59 PM
Absolutly great pic jason,

KindanewGarthfan
03-27-2001, 04:32 PM
Very :cool: picture Jason
You both look wicked

Thanks for sharing

Hannah

Lowell Miller
03-27-2001, 04:39 PM
"And up came the next sole (which happened to be Mary Liz.. that gave Garth something even cooler!!) (But I know he'll charish both!)" quote

What is this cool gift thats cooler than the Tribute book? :) It must be pretty cool. ;)

loreli
03-27-2001, 05:13 PM
I hope the Tribute book is at least as cool :p

Thanks for taking it to Garth Jason. :)

Lori

DixieChick4GB
03-27-2001, 06:16 PM
OK, that picture is the proof I needed that Jason is indeed a unique individual, and is not Garth Brooks :). I have been wondering for a long time since I did not see him at the 75th bash and I was there when he was supposed to be there yet I didn't see him.

Elaine

boppityboo
03-27-2001, 07:17 PM
Wow Jason. That was very cool of you to share. What a great pic of both of you. Thanks for giving the book to Garth on our behalf. I would so love to meet Garth one day, but it does seem to be a near impossibility. Oh well. Thanks again.

Have a Garthriffic day,
Ellie :)

splitzer
03-27-2001, 09:52 PM
Y'know Jas...

I was thinkin'.

Are you sure that's the way you wanna tell the story? Are you sure you don't wanna turn around and go back the way you came and maybe take another route or pull over and check the map again? Maybe we should call Terri and make sure she knows that we'll figure out how to tell the story sooner or later, and tell her to just keep up. What do you think? Maybe?

;):p;):p;)

Garth Always,
Dani

Chris Gaines
03-27-2001, 09:59 PM
Are you sure that's the way you wanna tell the story? Yup I'm sure :)

Are you sure you don't wanna turn around and go back the way you came and maybe take another route or pull over and check the map again?Remember Dani.. YOU was the "Official Navigator"... I was listening to your directions when you was looking at the map hehehe... did you ever get the ratios right yet? :p

Maybe we should call Terri and make sure she knows that we'll figure out how to tell the story sooner or later, and tell her to just keep up. What do you think? Maybe?Maybe.. I think Julie's hubby knew where we was.. just didn't tell us.. lol :)

Jason

splitzer
03-27-2001, 10:04 PM
Yeah, well...

I may have been the navigator, but who's been to Nashville many times and who was there for the first time? ;)

Garth Always,
Danielle

Chris Gaines
03-27-2001, 10:07 PM
hey now.. they CHANGED the INTERSTATE NAMEs and took us 3 times going down it to figure that out...

265 is gone.. POOF .. gone.. LOL

Jason

splitzer
03-27-2001, 10:15 PM
Ahem... who said the FIRST time, "Hey, none of the signs say 265, they all say 65, but this is the road, so just follow 65, I guess." Huh, huh, huh? Not my fault it took you so long to catch on!

LOL... this is all in fun, guys, the fact of the matter is that Jason and I got ourselves totally lost and turned around somewhere between Nashville and Goodlettsville! :)

Garth Always,
Danielle

Snow
03-27-2001, 10:19 PM
Was it dark when ya'll were traveling?

I've only gone between Nashville and Goodlettsville once... and it didn't seem like a very difficult route. *lmao* Of course it's been a couple of years... did they move the roads or something?

You all are a trip! *giggles* Sounds like the getting there was as much fun as arriving.

Ok... I'm WAY jealous of the whole thing.

Chris Gaines
03-27-2001, 10:20 PM
Dani,

just slap me if I'm wrong again.. okay?
LOL

Jason

Chris Gaines
03-27-2001, 10:21 PM
Snow.. the HOTEL we was at used to be off 265...

we wasnt' going to Goodlettesville.

Jason

splitzer
03-27-2001, 10:24 PM
Yeah, but we were somewhere between Nashville and Goodlettsville. :)

I'll be sure to slap ya real good next time you're wrong, darlin'.

Garth Always,
Dani

Snow
03-27-2001, 10:28 PM
Oh.... so now the roads are not moving... it's whole hotels that are moving?

Me thinks ya'll inhaled too many gas fumes. *uh huh uh huh* :p

So, if I ever get back to Nashville, do you promise to get me lost too? :)

BTW Jason... just wanted to thank you for getting those books to Garth. Now I'm just dying to get mine. I can't wait to look through it and think to myself... so what did Garth think of this or that part? :)

JulieLvsGB
03-27-2001, 10:40 PM
Snow,

Just letting you know these little detours of Jason took place during the day! LOL

Jason,

After the first couple of times following you, hubby quickly figured out which road was which! You're right, he knew which way to go but we were getting a kick out of seeing where you would lead us. LOL Just kidding! :p

Julie

SeaGBfan
03-27-2001, 10:50 PM
Great job Jason!

From your transcript it sounds like you did an amazing job! Consise, to the point, classy. Thanks a lot for your hard work! (OK, so not all of it was work! But I'm sure it wasn't all easy either.) Thanks again!

Mary

Monica Lockhart
03-27-2001, 11:40 PM
Wow.. what a trip... I got car sick just reading all the posts about the detours and mis-directions.. LOL

kjsyong
03-28-2001, 12:25 AM
WOW!! Cool Jason.. finally see your face.. and wow.. what a good photo shot with Garth!!!!

you two looks awesome!!!

Monica.. hahahahaa dont get too dizzy while reading map in a movie car.. :) hehee

:p

wmcinnis
03-28-2001, 08:58 PM
Great picture Jason:)
It's nice to see a face to the name:)

The story was definitely worth the wait, thanks for sharing it with us(like you had much choice):rolleyes:

-Susan-

nelty
04-17-2001, 04:39 PM
Bringing this back to the top

Chris Gaines
04-17-2001, 09:01 PM
and here I thought Nelly had something nice to say :p

*runs*
LOL
Jason

nelty
04-17-2001, 11:19 PM
hmmm Jason???

Like WHAT?

ops... j/k :D

No hard feelings ;)

Nelly

CheyenneWindRoper
04-20-2001, 12:15 AM
Lowell~

Reading through some threads, I came upon this one, that somehow I had missed. It seems you never got your questioned answered....so if you all don't mind, I will answer Lowell.

I returned to Garth the original contract for his performance at "The Barn in Sanford Florida" (dated September 1989)along with newspaper clippings and photos taken of him from his show there.

Mary Liz

Crackers
04-20-2001, 02:04 AM
Mary Liz ~ I still am amazed that you did that. It was truly a generous and an unselfish thing to do. I'd like to think that I would be that unselfish, but I really don't think I would. I think I'd hang on to those papers until the day I died. You really impressed me with your genuine goodness. I only wish I'd been there to see the look on Garth's face. Did he know what it was, or did you have to explain it to him? I'll bet he was overwhelmed. Please tell us more about his reaction. Also, did he remember you from meeting him before? You truly are wonderful!

Lowell Miller
04-20-2001, 08:18 AM
cool :cool: Mary Liz....thanks:D

garthsgirl
04-20-2001, 09:25 AM
Yes, MammaMutt, you are certainly first class! And so proud to call you a friend.

Lisa

CheyenneWindRoper
04-20-2001, 12:25 PM
Crackers, Lowell & Lisa~

:o:o:o Awwww, Thanks! And................... Cut that out!:p

Yes Crackers, he did remember me.:D But, keep in mind, this was the third time I have seen him. He did recognise the contract right away and was very appreciative to have it given to him. I got three hugs for my efforts in returning it! You talk about being paid back! Wow! He seemed most pleased to see the old photos of himself...I think he really enjoyed those!

Kelly (his brother) tried to get me to leave it with him at GBM earlier that day. I told him that I really wanted to put it in Garth's hands myself....and I would, I just knew it! I BELIEVED!!! No matter how long I had to wait for it to happen. Now, I am so glad I didn't leave it with Kelly, because I did consider it. Oh, not that I don't think Garth wouldn't have gotten it, but it was such a thrill to actually be able to hand such a treasure to him myself!

I have written some about this on the "To All of You..." thread started by deAnnalyn (littlebit), for anyone who is interested.

Mary Liz

Crackers
04-20-2001, 02:20 PM
Mary Liz ~ You say you've met Garth three times. One was after a Mets game in Port St. Lucie (which, by the way, is an absolutely breathtaking story that I just re-read on H&V) one was this last one at the Opry, and what was the third one? I don't recall whether I ever read about that one.

About Kelly... he's somewhat of a mystery. The only time I ever see him is when he's lurking in the background in someone's Garth photo. He always looks so serious and protective of Garth. Since you've met him and talked to him, what is your impression of what he's like? Is he as "serious" as he looks?

nelty
04-20-2001, 02:25 PM
He SOUND serious and he IS very very VERY protective of Garth. and guess what I don't blame him at all...

Nelly

CheyenneWindRoper
04-20-2001, 03:39 PM
Crackers ~ Hi!!!

The other time was in Denver at a TEA (Or TAF whichever you prefer) Charity Baseball Game last June.

I thought Kelly was very friendly & chatty. He told us (Me, Jim, Cathy, Doris & Theresa) that his and Susan Ashton's wedding will be this summer. He said Garth was doing "really well" concerning the grief over his Mom's death and in regards to all the other that has happened in his life lately. When I asked Kelly about how he was doing, (handling the loss of his Mom) after all, Colleen was his Mom too! He thanked me for thinking about & asking him and said he was "dealing well" with it too. We spoke of Betsy and a lot of small talk, ya know. He was as nice to all of us as his little brother is!

I have to agree that he is very protective of Garth, but always serious??? I don't think so... Take a look at this and then you decide!

Mary Liz

CheyenneWindRoper
04-20-2001, 03:40 PM
Dang, Dang, Dang...it's not taking my pictures again....okay, I will fix it and be back....
:(
Mary Liz

Vanessa
04-20-2001, 03:54 PM
Thanks for sharing that ML! very :cool: :) Good luck with your pics! :)

CheyenneWindRoper
04-20-2001, 03:57 PM
Okay, let's see if it works now....

fingers crossed

Mary Liz

Vanessa
04-20-2001, 04:01 PM
very :cool: pic ML!! Kelly looks and sounds like a great guy! :)

Crackers
04-20-2001, 04:32 PM
What an adorable picture, Mary Liz! You BOTH look great. I've never seen Kelly smile before. When he's with Garth, he's probably nervous and cautious about the crowd, since Garth is so willing to mingle with everyone. I guess he just tries to take good care of his little brother.

It must be very difficult, at times, to have one person in the family getting 99% of the attention. I'm sure they've learned how to handle it, though.

Chris Gaines
04-20-2001, 04:40 PM
wow Mary Liz

he's wearing the same clothes from when I saw him at GBM to give him the (GBM's) Tribute Book.

LOL ;)

Jason

CheyenneWindRoper
04-20-2001, 04:53 PM
Do you have a picture of that Jason? I'd love to see it if you do! :D

Mary Liz

Chris Gaines
04-20-2001, 05:03 PM
Nope sorry :(

Garth's was a little more important.. but we won't tell him that ;)

LOL
*runs*
Jason

nelty
04-20-2001, 05:57 PM
tsk tsk tsk... Jason..

what can I say.... :o :p j/k

Nelly

Irelandlive
04-20-2001, 06:05 PM
Great pic Mary Liz. I never knew what Kelly looked like. I see a resemblance to Betsy more so than Garth.

Jacqui

kristen166
04-20-2001, 09:31 PM
Garth and his brother don't look nothing alike. :p

Crackers
04-20-2001, 09:53 PM
I think Kelly looks like his dad and Garth looks like his mom.

CheyenneWindRoper
04-20-2001, 10:19 PM
Crackers~

By jove, I think you're right! :D

Mary Liz

splitzer
04-21-2001, 07:17 AM
LOL...

I was just wandering around GBM looking at the pictures on the walls, waiting for Kelly to emerge - thinking it would be a while - when I realized Jas was talking to some guy... after listening for a moment I realized it must be Kelly! He looks nothing like Garth, as we've established;), and he did seem very serious... but nice. He was a little wary of the book, I think, but that's okay. He was all business - "Okay, thank you. That's great. Thanks." <shake hands, walk away.> But it was cool. :):)

I was actually hoping he would take longer to come out to see us... I was enjoying myself just hanging out at GBM! :):)

Garth Always,
Dani

nelty
04-21-2001, 09:30 AM
:(Nelly sigh, shakes her head... and wakes away:(

Nelly

nelty
05-09-2001, 11:19 PM
Nelly

nelty
05-15-2001, 11:57 AM
Nelly:eek:

GLDluvsGBinWI
05-21-2001, 01:01 PM
Jason,

Really cool post about the Tribute Book. I was wondering when Garth was gonna get it. Wouldn't ya know it, I come up with extra money for it now that they're out of print! *kick myself*.

The picture was AWESOME!!! You 2 look good together!!

Kathi

What I do is so this world will know that it cannot change me -- GB, "The Change" :cool:

nelty
05-21-2001, 02:07 PM
Kathi

I still have a few copies left. Please let me know. Thanks

Nelly

GLDluvsGBinWI
05-21-2001, 03:21 PM
Yea, I would say I'm definitely interested. You can e-mail me at either KathiDG@aol.com or kathidg@earthlink.net. I can't find your e-mail address. Is the cost still 53.00??

nelty
05-21-2001, 03:27 PM
You got mail...

Nelly

Chris Gaines
08-14-2001, 01:50 PM
Bring this to the top for Nelly :)

Jason

nelty
08-14-2001, 01:54 PM
Thanks.. Jason... :)

I'm gonna save it and print it and copy it to word.. so I dont lose it again...

Nelly

Chris Gaines
08-14-2001, 02:05 PM
ya welcome Nelly :p

and if ya lose it again.. I'll go up to canada and beat ya with a wet noodle LOL ;)

LMAO
Jason

nelty
08-14-2001, 02:09 PM
:o geeee... that's not very nice.... :p

Nelly

Chris Gaines
08-14-2001, 02:13 PM
hey now..

it's better then a wet fish...

LMAO
Jason