PDA

View Full Version : Im Meeting Garth Thursday!!!!

Nancey
03-19-2001, 05:35 PM
Some of you may remember the girl with a brain tu that Garth met two years ago for her Make A Wish. She in turn wrote a song for her and her mother did the same. Well to make a long story short, we, Emily, her mom and myself, are flying down to Nashville to go to the benefit and then MEET with Garth after the show!!! I am SO excited!!
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to ask Garth to sign? Any helpful hints? I'm excited and nervous too!!!
Emily hopes he will listen to the CD that her song is on.
I'll let you all know how it goes!!!
Nancey

jstensig
03-19-2001, 05:41 PM
Cool - best of luck.

Greet him from all of PG.:)

Jakob

angelamccann
03-19-2001, 05:46 PM
I was just wondering how Emily was doing a day or so back, Nancey - I hope she is as well as is possible :)

What could Garth sign? If he hears Emily's song for him, I'm sure he would be proud to sign her CD - or any of his own (if you take a Chris Gaines one, make sure he signs as Garth and Chris - and take a gold or silver-inked pen as they make really cool signatures).

What a wonderful treat for you all - have the best of times, and take our love with you for the big guy, won't you?

Angela x

SeaGBfan
03-19-2001, 05:56 PM
I have never met Garth, but in reading other people's post regarding this subject, my advice would be to bring extra film and a back-up camera! You don't want to have a camera go down on you when you are in this situation!

Mary

hugeGBnutt
03-19-2001, 06:25 PM
Wow! thats very cool! hope you guys have a great time:D -as for what Garth should sign- hmmm, i agree with Angela for Garth to sign her cd would probably make her very proud!:) let us all know how it goes, k? ....again, have a great time!:D

Pilgrim
03-19-2001, 07:42 PM
Very cool:):)

Good luck:D

brian

loreli
03-19-2001, 11:32 PM
Thats fantastic Nancey :)

Have a great time :)

Lori

CheyenneWindRoper
03-19-2001, 11:49 PM
Nancey,

You are in for the thrill of a lifetime! :D

Hang on to the moment, have the camera ready, and practise your hugging! ;)

:)
Mary Liz

honky
03-20-2001, 01:26 AM
LUCKY GIRL :)

HAVE A GREAT MEETING WITH DA MAN!!!

Tommy

Darrell
03-20-2001, 09:15 AM
Have a great time and enjoy yourself! And if you have time ask him how the new album is coming along and if it will be ready by mothers day or fathers day !

KindanewGarthfan
03-20-2001, 09:51 AM
Have a really wonderful time, ya'll deserve it

Take lots of photos and give Garth a big old cheesy grin from all of us here at PG

Hannah x

Jen19
03-20-2001, 11:04 AM
The most important thing to ask him.. no matter what is

For a BIG GB SQUEZZE !!!!!!!! :+

JEN

ferretcrazy
03-20-2001, 02:37 PM
:) Tell'em HI from all of Us 3000+ PG'rs!!!!
And hope you dont get weak in the knees like I did...and the only thing that came out of my mouth was..UHG??!!

Joan :)

Gemo
03-20-2001, 03:13 PM
Hi Nancy,

I think I would be very excited and nervous also. But I am sure he will put all at ease. :-) He is just that sort of guy. Definitely have Emily bring her cd for him to sign and one of his also maybe. As for you Nancy either a cd or one of his pictures if he has any around or articles of clothing. His hand sure must get tired sometimes with all the autographing he does. And a picture is always good of all of you with him, in case people do not believe you...ha, ha. Plus, it makes for a great souveneir. You are all very fortunate to meet him. I know I was. Have a great time and don't worry..it will be great! :-)

gb4prez
03-21-2001, 09:34 AM
Nancey,

This is great! Just try and not be too nervous. Garth always seems to put people at ease when he talks to them so just remember breath at first and then there won't be a problem. After he starts talking to you I bet the nerves will settle right down.

Don't forget that squeezie. If he doesn't come at you for a hug, its because he's not sure if you want him too. Just ask for one and you'll get that gorgeous smile and a squeezie to die for. He seems to love giving them as much as we love getting them.

Also, for the autograph. Be sure to take something like a CD or an enlarged photo that you or a friend took. There are a few things that he won't sign because of specific reasons. One I know if is a poster of several country artists. His reasons are good ones and he will look around to find something to sign for you but I wouldn't want you to end up with nothing good signed because of some reason. (Email me if you want more explanation, it's just too long for here.) :-)

Anyway, hope you have a Garthy time and get lots of pictures and memories.

Donna

littlebit
03-22-2001, 02:42 PM
He's a very sweet person. YOU GO GIRLS!! :)

Vanessa
03-22-2001, 03:20 PM
Have a great time!! :)

Vanessa :)

Gemo
03-22-2001, 04:14 PM
Boy, I love hugs. Wish I would have known he was a hugger at the time I met him. Oh well, if I ever see him again I hope to get my hug. :-) I don't just hug anybody you know but he certainly deserves a big one. :-)
Sorry Nancey for spelling your name wrong. I did not notice it till this time around.

AllaboutTGB
03-23-2001, 08:15 AM
Hi Gemo

You didn't get a hug :( :(

I think I wouldn't have dared to hug him just that too,
but you are sooooo right he deserves al the hugs in the world :D

Though it is not nearly the same here is a biiiiiiig virtual
huuuuuuuuuugggg for you :o ;)

Nancey, go girls ;), have the best time of your live and good luck!!!

love2u
oya

p.s: by the way I think I would just faint away if I would ever get the chance to get near to him not to speak of a hug
:o :o

Jude
03-23-2001, 04:17 PM
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
Enjoy it and take loads of pictures.

Jude