PDA

View Full Version : todays news

minnesotagbfan
03-08-2001, 02:58 PM
Thursday, March 8

Don't Mean Nothin'
Brad Paisley and Richard Marx have been trading jabs after Richard said he was offended by Brad's statement that pop music is more about production than about the song. "Pop songwriters don't take the craft of songwriting as seriously as he does?" asks Marx. "Tell that to Paul Simon . . . Bono [and] Paul McCartney." Tennessean.com

Poe Boy
Garth Brooks says the breakup of his marriage is having a negative effect on his songwriting. His latest material sounds "like Edgar Allan POE on downers," Garth said at last week's radio industry convention. Meanwhile, Garth reveals that he's finally found a song suitable for a duet with Trisha Yearwood. allstar

One More Day Today
Diamond Rio's Wednesday appearance on Live With Regis & Kelly was rescheduled for Thursday after the storms that slammed the Northeast kept them from flying to New York earlier in the week. The band's spokesperson reports that bassist Dana Williams, who recently underwent routine tests for an irregular heartbeat, will perform on the show. DiamondRio.com

Lucky Emotions
Shedaisy's "Lucky 4 You (Tonight I'm Just Me)" was inspired by feelings of emotional turmoil. "[Shedaisy's Kristyn Osborn] and I started talking about all the different emotions a girl goes through right after getting dumped," says singer-songwriter Coley McCabe. "[The song] just kind of all came together pretty quickly." Tennessean.com

Satcher Chat
Warner Bros. artist Leslie Satcher is getting great reviews for her debut album, Love Letters. Ask her about the disc, and about her successful songwriting career, when she chats live from backstage at the Grand Ole Opry Friday at 8 p.m. CST. Then, Stick around 'til 8:30 to chat with Jim Ed Brown. Opry.com

jstensig
03-08-2001, 03:48 PM
Thanks Russ.

Jakob

Pilgrim
03-08-2001, 06:56 PM
Thanks Russ.

Brian

loreli
03-10-2001, 01:56 AM
I loveee Shedaisy's "Lucky 4 You (Tonight I'm Just Me)" :)

Lori