PDA

View Full Version : New Album Delayed???

BlueRose
03-08-2001, 02:30 PM
Hey everyone,

My friend Sue(from Spring Training) in CA emailed me and said she caught an interview with Garth yesterday on the Court TV channel and he said the new album may not be released until near Christmas, if then! :(

Anyone else catch the interview or hear anything about that??? I haven't been around in a while, so forgive me it's already been posted.

Cheryl

Darrell
03-08-2001, 02:37 PM
Haven't heard anything...why would Garth be on Court TV?

Cheryl
03-08-2001, 02:42 PM
Well, I didn't see the interview, but based on the comments he made at the CRS, that doesn't sound all that surprising. He mentioned how he only has two songs so far....out of thousands.

Sure, I'd love a new album...YESTERDAY wouldn't be soon enough - BUT.....given all the Garth's had to deal with lately, I'm more than willing to wait as long as it takes. Don't mean it'll be easy, but it'll definitely be worth it! :)

Darrell....there is a thread in the GarthTV forum about the interview on CourtTV - has to do with JFK Jr. George Magazine.

Acorn
03-08-2001, 02:50 PM
I read in the USA Today that it wouldn't be released in May, and wouldn't be released for a while. It also said that Garth might only put two songs on it. It said that he said all the songs that he wrote were depressing (because of his devorce). He said that the word "dark" doesn't even begin to describe them.

Chris Gaines
03-08-2001, 02:58 PM
well... shouldda known anyways.. Garth likes Christmas releases anyways ;)

Jason

Lowell Miller
03-08-2001, 03:10 PM
*@$*!

loreli
03-08-2001, 03:40 PM
Waaa...

I'd like it sooner, but Edgar Allen Poe on downers doesn't sound that appealing. :(

Lori

Garth1
03-08-2001, 05:19 PM
As long as he releases it someday, I don't really care when.

Paul :)

twister
03-08-2001, 06:26 PM
KEEP THE FAITH! The album WILL be out on mother or father day! Right!

Kinda bytes that the two albums (GARTH and SHANIA) that i can hardly wait for... no one knows when they'll come out.

littlebit
03-08-2001, 06:33 PM
{{patting my heart}} i am willing to wait till the end of time, if it means he's gonna be okey.

those who have gone thru a divorce with kids, even when it's amicable, know what i mean, it's so hard.

along with everything else to boot.

When you get thrown off a horse and hurt you have to have time to recuperate.

And i'm willing to give him all the time he needs.

honky
03-08-2001, 06:58 PM
Even though I would love to have the new album TOMORROW, I am willing to wait :) I don't want Garth to rush a QUICKIE just because he feels the need to release one in either Mother's Day or Father's Day.

It's quite funny how Garth describes his mood right now....

Tommy

Jen11
03-08-2001, 08:37 PM
His heart has to be into it in order for it to be his usual perfection:)

I have know doubts that he'll eventually get past his personal set backs. He's human, and is entitled to push things on the back burner. The time has to be right for him! And when it is, look out!!!

Brian,

I am not real excited about your post, however I have to be honest in saying you made me laugh, and I give you credit for speaking your mind:) "We Shall Be Free"

Jenny

ProducerJ
03-08-2001, 08:49 PM
Hey everyone,

I had tried to post this yesterday afternoon, but it apparently didn't make it past the moderator, because it never showed up.

Garth was on Court TV yesterday with Catherine Crier because they were doing a feature on the last issue of George Magazine, which is a tribute to JFK Jr. and GB was talking about metting JFK Jr. and being interviewed by him for the cover story in George's April 99 issue. (anyone have that one they want to share the story on?)

I'm guessing it was a last minute booking, because Karen's press release was dated 11:44 am, for his 4 pm appearance.

It also says he was live via satellite, anyone see it to tell us where he was live from? To my knowledge, we don't get CTV here.

What I still haven't figured out is what Court TV was doing a story on George Magazine for in the first place.... aside from the awesome ratings I'm sure JFK (and Garth) bring them.

J.

ProducerJ
03-08-2001, 08:51 PM
I reread my post and I asked where Garth was live from and then said we didn't get ctv here...making me sound like I thought we had to get the station in order to do a satellite interview.

So before my Broadcast 101 teacher rolls in his grave, I wanted to clarify that what I was trying to say was, I didn't see the show even though I knew it was coming on because we don't get CTV on our cable system.

Thanks, I feel better.
J.

Cheryl
03-08-2001, 09:40 PM
Joyce...BTW....thanks for telling us there was gonna be an interview. Wish I'd been able to see it. Very cool, tho, that you get that kind of info.

Pixel
03-08-2001, 10:44 PM
Back to something closer to the origional subject :)

>>>What I still haven't figured out is what Court TV was doing a story on George Magazine for in the first place.... aside from the awesome ratings I'm sure JFK (and Garth) bring them<<<<<

Just in case you did not hear the reason they were on tv I THINK is because of the fact that JFK'S magazine will no longer be published. Those that got it after JFK Jr's death were not able to keep it going. It is a sad thing. It was his dream to be a editor of a mag. and now it is going under. As for why court TV was doing it maybe because it was a political magazine. Otherwise I dont know, maybe they did not have a trial to cover. :):)

Snow
03-10-2001, 12:37 PM
Dang. :( I was looking forward to getting it sooner... :(

OH well... at least I know what to ask Santa to get me for Christmas!

I won't mind a few sad songs... it IS country music after all. *lol*

I understand though... I want the best Garth can put out.

Who knows... maybe we still will get it sooner. This is only one report. :)

Vanessa
03-10-2001, 01:04 PM
I'll wait for as long as it takes in order for garth to do what he wants to do.. I'll wait a lifetime if I have to!! hehhee :)

Vanessa :)

beebaboos
03-10-2001, 11:34 PM
I hope he takes as long as he needs to finnish,I wouln't want him to put out a product that he wasn't proud of. Do you hear us Garth, NO PRESSURE from us
~~Janet

SweetGBFan
03-11-2001, 01:32 PM
Does this also mean he is putting off retiring at the end of the year? He cant promote the album very well if its not released until Christmas. Guys, I dont think we are going to see a new album from Garth. I dont think he feels he has it in him. I just wish him well and hope I am wrong because it will be very disappointing not to have a new album before he retires.

hugeGBnutt
03-11-2001, 01:42 PM
i think Garth needs to actually figure out what he wants to do before announcing it to the world eveytime he has an idea, it kinda gets old after the 1st billion times:rolleyes:, but i guess thats just the way he is- one of his flaws.....o well, i really hope he "attemps" the album;)

Crackers
03-11-2001, 03:00 PM
I kind of like the way Garth tells us what is on his mind at the time. I don't consider it one of his flaws... I consider it one of his good qualities. Very few celebrities are willing to go out on a limb and be as open with their fans. Of course, I happen to think Garth is perfect!

BlueRose
03-11-2001, 05:52 PM
Well, I'm glad to see this thread was re-opened! If things seem to get out of hand, I think the imflamatory posts should just be removed, not close the entire thread. Thank you! :)

It does look rather doubtful at this point that the album will be released at all but with Garth you never know. He says something one minute and the next minute it can very well change! I am praying that we get at least one more album from Garth and I really don't think we have to worry about him releasing anything until it's right, now do we? It's definitely not his style and when/if he does release "the" new album...it'll be awesome, I'm sure!!:)
Just means I'll get more in shape from pacing back and forth! :eek:

I hear ya Ari!!! Though I love Garth's candor and willingness to share his thoughts openly, a little suspense often makes for sweet surprises. :D

Cheryl

angelamccann
03-11-2001, 06:00 PM
That's the interpretation I got, Cheryl - that the album would be out at Christmas at the earliest, but that there would still be an album. Maybe he's just giving himself more time to make sure that his fans get the best he can give them, and he doesn't want that music necessarily to be a portrait of the bad times he's been going through (though personally, if the entire album consisted of songs about brands of detergent, I'd buy it because nothing else moves me like Garth does :)).

Take all the time you need, Garth, sweetheart - five months, five years, ten years - I'll go along with whatever and whenever.

Angela x

babyblue777
03-11-2001, 08:52 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm ok

I reserved my copy of the album last night!!
The woman at the music store said it WOULD BE RELEASED IN MAY!!! And now I have to wait longer!! I guess it's ok, I mean, I know it'll be one hell of an album if it takes this long to make it. Garth won't let me, or us down.

ObsessedwithGarth
03-11-2001, 09:41 PM
My hubby was listening to the radio today on the porch, and I heard them mention Garth's name, so naturally I break my neck to get outside.They were talking about the new album.The dj said that Garth had said that he was taking his time with this album. That he just wanted to do a Bob Seager type album.Garth said you know the kind I mean,"I just want to be a working man singing working man songs." It didn't mention when the album was being released just that he was taking his time with it.

I don't care how long it takes I'll buy it whenever it gets here.

Vanessa
03-11-2001, 11:48 PM
Interesting...

Garth.. tkae as much time as you need.. 5 years, 10 years, 20 years.. It doesn't matter to me. Take your time, find peace within yourself and love for yourself as well, and I know that when you find these things you'll fing so much more.. things within yourself that you never knew you had! So Garth, take all the time you need!!!! :) We'll all be here waiting Garth, just remember.. we love you!! :)

Vanessa :)

Sorry for getting a little off topic, hehee :)