PDA

View Full Version : I hope you donít mind if I shareÖ

MDgarthgirl
03-07-2001, 12:52 PM
I still canít believe I saw what I saw at CRS on Friday. One, because of the incredible privilege to simply be there, but more because of how emotional Garth was at times. For some reason, this poem didnít come out until now, but when it finally made its way to my fingersÖit flowed pretty quickly. I hope thatís a good sign. ;)

I donít presume to be the person that can assume this role for Garth, but I do hope he has someone than can carry these words out. A real close friend, closer than industry and radio professionals (no offense intended), looked like the one thing he lacked on that stage. Believe me, though, when I say I wouldnít be happier to be proved wrong about that.

Until Your Wings Grow Back Again
© 2001 Stephanie Shade

When sadness lingers near
just to see your tears
Falling softly from your eyes
Or if I should see you fall
Before you even have to call
I will be there, right by your side

Until your wings grow back again
ĎTil you find your smile
Turn to me, my friend
We will dance together through the storm
Youíll find your strength in me
Long enough to set you free
And I will always keep you warm

There may come a time
when the world will fall blind
To all thatís wonderful about you
But when they donít understand
I will open my hands
And lift you up to where you once flew

ĎTil you find your smile
Turn to me, my friend
We will dance together through the storm
Youíll find your strength in me
Long enough to set you free
And I will always keep you warm

"Thanks for your time",
Nash
PS - And on a prayer that somehow this reaches Garth's ears..."You ARE going to be okay, and we'll believe it for you if you can't right now. Like I said in the poem I gave you, '(Our) Love knows no holiday.'" :)

minnesotagbfan
03-07-2001, 01:02 PM
Stephanie,

very cool :)

Russ

shmlss4gb
03-07-2001, 01:22 PM
Steph,

You have such a talent.... I love it.

Terri

KindanewGarthfan
03-07-2001, 01:55 PM
Stephanie you're amazing
that poem was really moving, I really hope that Garth gets to read it cause knowing what cool and loving fans he has is sure to put a smile on his face, and hopefully realise that we'll always care for him.

Once again that poem was amazing

Hannah

loreli
03-07-2001, 02:35 PM
That's really beautiful Stephanie :)

I sure hope Garth gets to see it. :)

Lori

AZamy77
03-07-2001, 04:10 PM
Thanks for that, Stephanie. I really hope Garth reads it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can relate and appreciate this poem you wrote. Thanks for doing this for our Garthman. We'll always be here for him, right? :)

God Bless.

Amy :)

Pilgrim
03-07-2001, 06:12 PM
Another masterpiece:):)

You are soooooooooo good at this:):)

Brian:)

ShellyGirl
03-07-2001, 07:44 PM
Stephanie,
WOW...I have goosebumps from reading that poem. That is one of the most beautiful and inspirational poems I have ever read...and it happens to be about my favorite guy!!
Shelly

cinncamaro
03-07-2001, 08:09 PM
Stephanie,

You are truly talented, what a beautiful poem and I do hope it falls upon Garth's ears.

Have you thought of posting a copy to Dale Earnhardt Jr.? It sounds like something he would like to hear during this terrible time in his life.

You should have your work published! I've got goosebumps.

CheyenneWindRoper
03-07-2001, 09:46 PM
Nash,

Beautiful, loving, heartfelt, touching!

I sure hope Garth reads it! You have spoken for all of us!:) Thanks!

Mary Liz

Garthfan92
03-07-2001, 10:28 PM
All I can say is "Amazing!" I hope Garth does read this.

Lisa

no1cowgirl
03-07-2001, 10:34 PM
Steph-
That's awesome. :) You're so talented. *L* I even have a melody runnin thru my head. Very cool, girl. :)

Krista

MDgarthgirl
03-07-2001, 11:14 PM
Thank you for all the compliments, y'all. Makes it easy to want to try it again. ;)

And, about Garth seeing this...now that he's planning to be at the Opry for the tribute to Mr. Russell, I may try to find him there. I've already got my ticket, anyhow. :) I really would like him to see it, let him know we're pulling for him.

Cinncamaro,

I wouldn't know where to post it, but anything that could possibly ease his pain...would be a good idea. Such a big loss he suffered, I'm not sure if my words would help.

And Krista,

Hey! You can try to put music to it, lol. Then let's get it published so I can join ASCAP. heehee. ;) Cool to hear that you heard something with this.

Nash

hulahoop
03-08-2001, 12:49 AM
I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER !!!

THIS POEM THAT STEFANIE POSTED IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE WANTED TO SAY TO GARTH AFTER I SAW THE PICTURES OF HIM AT THE CRS LUNCH..

I HOPE THAT GATH GETS TO READ IT,, CAUSE I THINK IT WOULD HELP, AND WOULD SHOW HIM THAT WE ARE ALL BEHIND HIM 100%

FROM YOUR FRIEND FOREVER ,, TAMMY

cinncamaro
03-08-2001, 06:02 PM
There are two message boards accepting poems, songs, etc for Dale Earnhardt's family. They are: www.dejr8.com and
www.daleearnhardt.net.

Your words were so beautiful, and while they apply so deeply to Garth, I can't help but to say they will be inspirational to anyone who is hurting.

I hope it works out for you to see him and get these too him.

Best wishes.

littlebit
03-08-2001, 06:16 PM
Stephanie,

"There may come a time
when the world will fall blind
To all thatís wonderful about you
But when they donít understand
I will open my hands
And lift you up to where you once flew"

What beautiful sentiments. You'd have to be blind not to see what's so wonderful about Garth.

{{Sigh}} Sure wish i could give him a hug :(

Sure do love when you post your work, it's ALWAYS worth our time :)

i hope it does reach Garth's ears ;)

gtbjunkie
03-08-2001, 06:46 PM
Stephanie, beautiful poem! Thanks for posting what we all want to say. Nadine