PDA

View Full Version : some news ......

minnesotagbfan
03-07-2001, 09:34 AM
Get Well Soon
Diamond Rio bassist Dana Williams missed the group's Country Radio Seminar performance Thursday. "His heart doesn't want to beat with the right amount of beats, so he's at home resting," reports singer Marty Roe. Dana's planning to get a checkup. Meanwhile, a respiratory illness kept Brooks & Dunn's Ronnie Dunn away from the CRS. country.com

Canada's Finest
Terri Clark, the Wilkinsons and Paul Brandt captured trophies at Canada's 30th annual Juno Awards, held Sunday in Hamilton, Ontario. Terri was named Best Country Female Artist, Paul took home Best Country Male Artist honors and the Wilkinsons nabbed the Best Country Group or Duo award. For a complete list of winners, click here: Juno Awards

Like a Rocker
Garth Brooks has revealed some details about the forthcoming album he's planning. "For me, where Bob Seger was in the '70s is where I want to be right now as an artist, singing what I call 'blue-collar cool' stuff," says Garth, adding that he envisions the album having a "cowboy country" feel. country.com

Chick Power
The Dixie Chicks are the only country artist appearing on Forbes magazine's Celebrity 100 list of America's most powerful showbiz personalities. Based on such factors as income, media mentions and Internet presence, the Chicks, who earned some $25 million last year, ranked No. 33 on the list. Tom Cruise was No. 1. Forbes.com

John to the Rescue
A nationwide buzz is building over John Rich's recording of "Rescue Me," written by 17-year-old cancer patient Katie Ann Darnell. "There's people up and down Music Row who are getting paid who can't write a song that good," says the former Lonestar singer. John's label might release the song as a single. USA Today/JohnRichFans.com

SueMc
03-07-2001, 02:09 PM
Thanks Russ, where do you find all this?
Sue :)

Pilgrim
03-07-2001, 07:05 PM
Cool news:):)

Brian

minnesotagbfan
03-08-2001, 03:25 AM
Sue,

http://www.K102.com

skip the intro and then a screen appears and go down some and one item is shown.... then to see more news they have a link to click on

Paula
03-08-2001, 09:36 PM
The link at k102.com sounds like it might be to countrynow.com where a lot of radio stations connect for country music news.

Paula

SueMc
03-09-2001, 04:03 AM
Thanks Russ for the link :)
Sue