PDA

View Full Version : Garth will DEFINITELY NOT play Chris Gains :(

Cheryl
03-03-2001, 02:39 PM
Brad About You
Chris Gaines is alive and well, sorta kinda
Garth Brooks gave an interestingly intimate lunchtime show -- with only a microphone and acoustic guitar -- for about 1,500 of his radio buddies yesterday. (See story on page 1B.)

Garth told folks that people took his rock alter-ego Chris Gaines too seriously.

"I got the living (doo doo) kicked out of me for doing that," he told the ASCAP-sponsored luncheon crowd.

Garth said he still will provide a soundtrack for a Chris Gaines movie, if film producers move forward with the picture.

But Garth definitely would not play the character himself.

"I don't think people dug me playing someone so opposite of me," he said.

Besides, you might recall that Chris was a super-skinny cat.

"I'll never get near that weight again," Garth said.

:(:(:(:(:(
I dont get it....unless Chris isn't gonna be shown at all in the movie (if there is still gonna be a movie) how could it be anybody BUT Garth?!? We already know what Chris looks like. I hope there's more to this story than what is printed here. :(

Cheryl
03-03-2001, 02:53 PM
forgot to say, the article was at: www.tennessean.com/celebrities/

minnesotagbfan
03-03-2001, 03:34 PM
ok this is the first time that i have been confused about Chris Gaines...

so there is gonna be a movie in which he might not even be in?

isnt the movie about some obsessed fan or something or is it about the fact that Chris is worth more not being alive or something...

ok now more confused..

but the CD IS AWESOME :)

THE BEST CD PUT OUT IN 1999 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawk7lte
03-03-2001, 09:08 PM
First off - I'm still mildly pissed at the way the media and some of the music folks with power (of communication, information) in positions (that reach people) out there handled the Gaines' idea and the project. (Not anyone on this board or thread, of course)

It never should have received some of the comments and misguided analytical responses that boarded at times on psychological labeling that some gave it. It should have been supported as a creative idea that someone was putting their all into. Instead some of the media turned it into a kind of sick joke and circus and that kind of reaction bothers me.

It's a good creative idea and the music is solid. The basic story is about a musician with some problems who dies. A fan suspects murder and investigates the death. The "relationship" between the "fan" and the "star" interested me as to the impact it would have on both their lives. Something that really hasn't been explored before in a movie.

Gaines' as a composite character is introduced to the world through the release of the album Garth produced. The question, would "caring" about the character "Gaines" prior to the movie have a positive impact on how people related to the movie, would they identify with the character more? Would that help get across the main points the movie would try to address?

Yet to make sure no one's feelings were exploited Garth made sure that everyone understood from the beginning that Gaines is a fictional character who will "die" in the movie.

The time, energy, creativity, talent, money, and heart that went into the project is obvious, the damage done to the project by naysayers is obvious; the motivation of the naysayers is less obvious. What did they gain by cruelly attacking a project that had worth until the ideas and music behind the project were lost.

I, for one, will always wonder what motivates people to attack something and someone who is only trying a new way of presenting something creative and fictional.

As far as Garth taking the role of Gaines in the movie that has always been questionable in his mind because of weight, age, style, etc. He has always said he would do the music. That doesn't sound as though it has changed that much from the beginning to the present - if the movie gets the go ahead - and I still hope it does.

And all of this, as usual, is just my own opinion and feelings.

Hawk

fuzzwuzz
03-03-2001, 10:35 PM
Cheryl, I'm sure there ia alot more to the story. But I'm not too concerned about it. And I'm a DIEHARD SERIOUS Chris fan! Lol!
After all, Garth has said Chris' presence is felt in the movie mostly in flashback through his music. We know that if Garth really wants to play Chris nothing would stop him from trying. Somehow things will work out. We know Garth knows what he's doing.

Cheryl
03-03-2001, 11:41 PM
Bravo Hawk!!!!! ***standing up loud and cheering***
I'd like to get every single reporter, DJ, and whoever else decided it would be easier to trash the project than try to understand it and beat them all over the head with your post!

What the writer of this article does not make clear is whether it is HIS assumption that Garth will not play the character, or if Garth actually said so. So, again...I just hope there is more to this "story" than is covered in that article.

And, yep....it has always been a "maybe" about Garth playing Chris. Yet, we do know what Chris looks like. Ever since Garth first appeared as Chris, it has always puzzled me how anybody else could just "take over" the role. And, yep, again.....Garth absolutely knows what he's doing....I've never doubted that for a sec. LOL....perhaps the confusion comes from trying to figure out what he's gonna do or how he's gonna go about something, cuz Lord knows, just when ya think ya might be able to figure him out, he switches gears again. Probably one of the things I love most about him.....so heck, I should know better by now to even try. But I keep doing it anyway.....just part of the "ride" I suppose! :)

CheyenneWindRoper
03-04-2001, 12:29 AM
Applause! Applause!

Standing ovation Hawk!

Mary Liz

Anonymous77
03-04-2001, 02:00 AM
You've got quite a way with words Hawk. Thanks for saying what I've been trying to for a LONG time.

:D

Vanessa
03-04-2001, 08:41 AM
Bravo!! Bravo Hawk!! *another standing ovation* hehhee :)

Thanks for saying this- I'm sure that this is what everyone would like to say if they could, IMO :) And they did say it cause you said it for us! Does that make any sense?? I sure hope so.. :)

Vanessa :)

Pilgrim
03-04-2001, 06:59 PM
Thanks for posting this Cheryl:)

I'll stick to my words that the movie will never be made anyway;)
No one would probably go watch it, and even less when it's without garth:eek:
There is BIG money in the movie industry, and I don't think they want to lose a lot of $$$ on this project;)

We still have the music though:):)

Hawk, I like your post:)

Brian

kristen166
03-04-2001, 10:19 PM
Well if he is not in it I will probally not go to the theatre to see it. I will wait till video. It takes a lot to get me to the movies. I went in October to see a movie but that was the first in about 7 years . I was so shocked to see how theatres have improved and changed with the stadium seating and all. If Garth would be in the movie I would definately make an exception to go to the theatre.:)

kristen166
03-04-2001, 10:24 PM
I want to add that him not taking the role cold be a big blow to the movie. More confusion will just set in.:) Plus a lot of people would go to see Garth not the movie in genral now they wont. I guess we will just have to really see hwat affect this will have.:)

fuzzwuzz
03-05-2001, 12:42 AM
I promised Chris I'd go with him all the way on this ride, wherever it leads. And I'm NOT letting go. And it's the FAN who steals the show for Chris, remember? It's his MUSIC she saves. Garth IS committed to the music. Granted, the article made it look discouraging but the media still doesn't 'get it'. Should we be surprised? Not everything there was a direct quote from Garth. Looks like alot of filling in the blanks to me. Assumptions maybe.

As for Garth/the article implying we should recall that Chris was skinny? Now tell me, how would we know that? Or recall something we don't know for a fact? Yeah, I'll bet there's more to the story. This project means too much to Garth. I can't see him dropping it no matter how much he gets the **** kicked out of him. Chris gets it worse, a martyr's death. And he goes willingly. I don't see how people think Chris is so opposite from Garth. Sounds to me like they've got the same heart full of love. Same determination to do what's right.

Wendi5000
03-05-2001, 01:12 PM
Well if Garth wants to play Chris I'm sure it is his choice, being as it is his movie. If he isn't going to play Chris it is obviously because he doesn't want to. Of course, the media has a tendency of misquoting people and Garth has a tendency of changing his mind. So the bottom line is, we still don't know anything new. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Cheryl
03-05-2001, 01:14 PM
Well....the plot thickens. I e-mailed Brad Schmitt who does the "On Nashville Celebrities" column to clarify what he said. Here are those e-mails:

-----Original Message-----

hi Brad....I was hoping you could clear something up for me. In Saturday's column, you wrote the following:

**Garth said he still will provide a soundtrack for a Chris Gaines movie, if film producers move forward with the picture. But Garth definitely would not play the character himself.

"I don't think people dug me playing someone so opposite of me," he said.**

What I'm not clear on is this: Did Garth actually say he "definitely would not play the character himself", or was this a conclusion you came to based on the other comments Garth made, like his weight being an issue, etc?

Just a Garth fan, wondering.

Thanks for your time,

Cheryl

-----Reply------

he himself said he wouldn't play the role.

thanks for reading!

Brad

Grazia
04-05-2001, 01:50 PM
I am still applauding Hawk.

No one made a big deal about Spinal Tap.

Garthfan92
04-05-2001, 10:00 PM
I have to agree that Garth not playing the role, even though he said the part would actually be small, could really hurt the movie at this point. The media wanting to kill the project before it even got off the ground sure doesn't help. I have to say that our local country station actually supported it quite a bit when the album came out! It was much to my surprise I have to say. They made it clear that they were not adding the music to their playlist or anything since it's not meant to be country, but did want to give Garth's fans a chance to hear it and decide if they liked it. They played one song each morning the week it came out, and let people call and voice their thoughts. The calls were probably 90% positive reaction.

Then came the real shocker. About 2-3 weeks after the album came out, the afternoon dj (who is a die-hard traditional country fan) shared his thoughts on it. He said that he had just had a chance to listen to the whole thing over the last couple days, and given some of the shootings and things in the news at the time, wanted to play a song he felt appropriate. He reiterated that they were not adding it to the playlist or trying to say it was country. He just thought the msg. was fitting and wanted to play "Right Now"! He got a TON of e-mails and calls, including from me. Everyone thought it was great that he did that, and that the lyrics were very fitting in this day and age. He still has my respect for doing that, even though he's never been one of my favorites at the station. I thought that was such a cool thing to do.

Lisa

fuzzwuzz
04-05-2001, 10:33 PM
Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com
Monday, July 5, 1999

More Than a Who-Sung-It Mystery Film
By GEOFF BOUCHER

================================================== =====================

Garth Brooks has some explaining to do. What's this about
country music's biggest name putting out a pop album? And
starring in a movie?

"I know, I know," a smiling Brooks answers, standing in
a Capitol Records recording studio in Hollywood. "Strange
stuff. But you have to hear the music to understand."

On this afternoon, Brooks is wearing sneakers and a
baseball cap instead of his western wear, but far more
startling is his appearance in a stack of new photographs:
gaunt, dour and garbed in black, fully in character with
his new alter ego, Chris Gaines.

Gaines is the doomed pop star in a mystery film titled
"The Lamb," expected in theaters next year. But it's
a role that goes beyond the silver screen. Brooks will
also assume the persona musically this September with
a "greatest hits" album titled "In the Life of Chris
Gaines."

The bizarre campaign goes even further: NBC will air
a prime-time TV special on Sept. 29 featuring Brooks
singing Gaines songs to promote the album, and a second
Gaines collection will be released next year in the form
of the film's soundtrack. Strangest of all, a "Gaines"
song titled "It Don't Matter to the Sun" will be featured
in an unrelated film, "Love of the Game."

All of it is meant to create a buzz, of course, which is
a specialty of country's top showman and entrepreneur. But
Brooks says it's also an effort to build a rapport between
the film's future audience and this artificial artist.

"We want people to go into the theater and know Chris
Gaines and care about Chris Gaines," Brooks says. "The
thing I'd like to get across is how serious we are about
this. There's the Rutles and there's Spinal Tap, and this
is exactly the opposite."

And what exactly does Chris Gaines sound like?

The 14 songs on the "greatest hits" package range wildly
in style, a purposeful effort to depict the evolution
of a career artist. One song has a swirling calliope
and horns that evoke the Beatles, another sounds like a
backstreets anthem a la Bruce Springsteen, yet another
has the distinct drum sound and rhythms of Fleetwood
Mac. The most startling may be "Lost in You," a smoky
R&B song and the first single.

Operating a CD player's remote control, Brooks skips
through the songs and introduces each with the anxious
enthusiasm of an artist treading on new ground. Once
the songs start, he paces or stares out the second-story
window. Wearing a spring training T-shirt from his recent
stint as a major league baseball player (a childhood
dream realized as a charity stunt), he has no celebrity
trappings, no hovering assistants.

"I'd really love to hear what you think," says the
37-year-old singer, who has sold 95 million albums in
the United States, a colossal total second only to that
of the Beatles.

There is one constant among the songs: None of the
vocals sounds anything like Brooks. Singing high and with
unfamiliar cadences, Brooks deeply submerges his familiar
baritone and twang.

Will this strange new persona and voice bring Brooks to a
whole new plateau, or is he risking the foundation he's
already standing on? As he starts his second decade as
a recording artist, Brooks will have to put his country
career on hold, which may risk alienating his core fans
and country radio programmers.

"Yes, I think he's going to lose some people in cowboy
hats -- not for life; they just won't want to hear him
sing this stuff -- and then he's going to get new fans,"
says Don Was, the producer of the Gaines album. "But this
is a guy who likes going out on a limb."

Country radio programmers are loath to think of their
biggest star mounting a high-profile project that is
based on music they can't play, says Lon Helton, country
columnist for the trade publication Radio & Records.

"I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen with
it, but the Capitol plan is to serve it to country radio
but to not promote it at all. The country guys are going
to listen to it and see if they can play any of it on
their stations."

Brooks has done several showcases for industry and press
to debut the new sound, but country radio leaders were
purposely left off the invitation lists, Helton says. The
message was not to expect a country sound from "The Lamb,"
but Brooks has also been careful to send signals that,
in Helton's words, "he is still a country guy, not a
carpetbagger headed to pop."

That doesn't mean the Gaines project is a completely safe
career choice for Brooks, says Pat Quigley, president of
Capitol Nashville.

"There's two risky elements here," Quigley says. "Can
Garth succeed in the rock, pop and R&B world? And can
you put out an advance soundtrack and succeed without the
benefit of the movie being in theaters? And that doesn't
even address the challenge of him acting."

Brooks says the acting challenge is manageable because
his role will be limited by the film's structure, which
sounds similar to the life-in-review construction of
"Citizen Kane." "The Lamb" unfolds after the mysterious
death of Gaines, and the singer is seen primarily in
concert and interview snippets.

The film follows a fan of the singer who suspects that
Gaines died of foul play, and she begins working back
through the chapters of his life, from his stint in a
one-hit wonder band called Crush to his ascension to
troubled superstar.

The screenplay is being written by Jeb Stuart ("The
Fugitive," "Die Hard"); no director has been tapped yet
for the Paramount film.

Brooks came to the project as a co-producer with his
company Red Strokes Entertainment, and he says the
early plan was for "somebody thin and gorgeous" to play
Gaines. But then Paramount embraced the project and pushed
Brooks to take the role, he says.

A cynic could say Brooks is donning the Gaines guise to
test his sales viability in pop genres with little risk to
his established "brand name." But Brooks insists he will
not perform live as Gaines, nor will he sing Gaines songs
at his own concerts. "The Lamb," he says, is side work,
not a new direction.

"Country music is what I do," he says. "This is just
something I was hired to do by the folks at Paramount. I
wouldn't be doing this [otherwise]."

But Brooks also says just a few minutes later that if the
film and two tie-in albums "take off," he could make as
many as four more Gaines albums, filling in the artist's
career. So the real mystery of "The Lamb" may not be
how Gaines dies, but how long he lives after the final
credits roll.

"Truthfully, though, this is acting," Brooks says, holding
up a compact disc with the face of Chris Gaines on its
cover. "This is hard. The other stuff, the Garth stuff,
it just happens, it's fun. This is work." *

"The thing I'd like to get across is how serious

we are about this. There's the Rutles and there's

Spinal Tap, and this is exactly the opposite."

GARTH BROOKS
There is ALOT we could talk about from this article if anyone cares to. I tend to think Garth is somehow still serious about this project. Who knows. Maybe Chris' parts are already filmed? And it's the FAN who carries "The Lamb" anyway. Perhaps it's more about the music then the character.
Perhaps the question we should be asking is not "Will Garth be playing Chris Gaines in The Lamb", but rather do we even KNOW WHO he(Chris) is enough to even care about him like Garth seems to?
To me, it's not like Pat Quigley says that it's a matter of 'if' Chris succeeds. To me, it's a matter of 'when'. Like that Rolling Stone song "Time is on My Side". Yes! It is!! The music is taking us there if we let it.

fuzzwuzz
04-07-2001, 01:27 AM
'99 REWIND: Garth Unleashes Chris Gaines

This is part of a LAUNCH news staff series of reports looking back at the year that was.

(12/30/99, 10 a.m. ET) - Garth Brooks first announced details of In...The Life Of Chris Gaines at a press conference at Paramount Studios in Los Angeles on May 10. The collection of 14 songs is a representation of the greatest hits of the fictional rocker Chris Gaines, whose life is detailed in the forthcoming Paramount motion picture The Lamb. According to Brooks, the movie will begin with Gaines's death and will tell the story of his life through flashbacks. Brooks realized that the concept of putting out a project before the movie was even developed could be slightly confusing. "We want you to come to the movie because you are a Chris Gaines fan. So now you are going to have a year, year-and-a-half of his music, his videos, the back part of his life to hopefully become a fan and then go see the movie and see how he fights for what he believes in."

While in Los Angeles last May for the Academy of Country Music Awards, Brooks gave industry insiders a taste of Chris Gaines's music and history during a brief showcase. Christian Gene Gaines was born on Aug. 10, 1967 in Brisbane, Australia, the only child of Gene and Carolyn Johnns-Gaines. His mother was a former swimmer for the Australian Olympic team and Commonwealth Games medalist, and his father was a former swim coach for Long Beach State University as well as a former coach of both the U.S. and Australian Olympic swim teams. At the age of five, Chris and his family moved to Los Angeles, and already his parents had high expectations for him to become an Olympic swimmer. A defiant youth, Chris found his passion in music, and he quit school during his senior year at Morningside High to be a professional musician. He later completed his G.E.D. Chris, Tommy Levitz, and Marc Obed formed a band called Crush, which was signed to Capitol Records in 1985. A year later, the band's self-titled debut album was released, along with the single, "My Love Tells Me So," which became one of the most successful songs in 1986. Unfortunately, the band lost its lead singer, Tommy, in a plane crash the same year. By 1989, Chris Gaines had begun his solo career, debuting his solo album titled Straight Jacket. The album, his best-selling project to date, spent 224 weeks on the Billboard 200 Albums chart, won a Grammy for Album of the Year, and produced the hits "Maybe," "White Flag," and "Digging For Gold." Gaines lost his father to cancer in 1990, and a year later released Fornucopia, his second solo album, which debuted at Number One and remained at the top of the Billboard 200 chart for 18 weeks.

The winter of 1992 found Chris in a near-fatal and disfiguring car crash that left him in the hospital for six weeks and resulted in two years of extensive plastic surgery on his face, shoulder, and hands. He would not allow himself to be seen or photographed, but he did release his third solo album, Apostle, in 1994. The album spent eight weeks at the top of Billboard 200 albums chart. In 1996, the release of his fourth album, Triangle, helped Chris to reappear and adopt the name "The New Prince" for his new look and R&B sound. To wrap up the 20th century, Chris released a Greatest Hits album right before his next solo effort, The Lamb, which brings us to present day.

Though pre-production on the movie was in the early stages, Brooks announced that he would take on the role of Chris Gaines in The Lamb. The singer-turned-actor gave a quick encapsulation of what the title signifies. "When you get the gist of what the movie is about, this guy is going to be the sacrificial lamb of music. He's going to do it for the pure reasons, he's going to do it for the right reasons and he's. it's ultimately going to cost him his life for it. But like the Braveheart character, he's going to die for something he believes in and something that then makes him a thousand times bigger than he ever could have been if he would have stayed alive."

Brooks held a listening party and press conference in Nashville on Sept. 10 to give insiders a closer look at Garth Brooks In.The Life of Chris Gaines, which was released on Sept. 28. Brooks fielded questions from journalists regarding the projects and his hopes. "We're hoping that people see that when it comes to making music and singing, singing is simply opening the door to your soul. It always has been and you can't be anybody but who you are when you do that. So even though this is pretend and play acting you can't act this stuff. So this is just another face of Garth and it's music that I hope you enjoy and hope you're proud of."

This type of undertaking is a huge risk for any artist, but Brooks is confident that his true fans will stick by him and enjoy his new, albeit brief, musical identity.

"There are two types of fans for me - there are Garth Brooks fans and then there is country fans that happen to have maybe one or two Garth Brooks albums. The country fans that happen to have one or two of Garth Brooks albums I don't think are going to be the first people to get this. When you talk about the Garth Brooks fans that I know, that we go out and play for, this is their stuff. This is as much their stuff as No Fences is for them." While his true fans may support him, he also realizes that many are afraid that they will not hear music from the "old" Garth ever again. "People seem to be afraid that now this is Garth from here on, that Garth is gonna disappear and Chris is going to take over. I'm always going to be me and country music is what I do, but I was very proud and flattered to get hired to do this and I did my very best and now I am presenting it to the people to see if they can live with it or live without it."

First-week sales of the project put Brooks's alter ego at No. 2 on the Soundscan chart, having sold more than 260,000 copies. While those numbers are certainly impressive for any artist, sales of Garth Brooks In. The Life of Chris Gaines fell short of his previous first-week album sales. Last year's Double Live sold 1,085,000 units and his 1997 release, Sevens, sold 897,000 units in their respective debut weeks. The first single, "Lost In You," was released only to top 40 and AC radio the first week in August and quickly made in into the top five on both the Billboard Hot 100 chart and Hot 100 Single Sales chart. A second single, "It Don't Matter To The Sun," was released to country radio, peaking at No. 24 on the country chart, according to Billboard. More than 600,000 copies of Garth Brooks In. The Life of Chris Gaines have been sold to date.
Lots of good stuff there of what Garth hopes to accomplish with this movie. And I will be going into that theater a Chris Gaines fan first, Garth fan second! Chris is my hero! But I sure hope Garth is still feeling the support he sees in his true fans. Because obviously he is counting on us to like Chris' stuff as much as Garth's. Because he says we go into the theater as Chris fans(as opposed to just Garth fans).
I don't know. Regardless who plays Chris Gaines, it's an important project to Garth. The Lamb is not dead yet. Or is he? Hmmm..intrigue...

Gemo
04-07-2001, 08:24 AM
The wonder of it all. :) He seems to be causing quite a stir. I believe he does have a bigger purpose here like he says and I can't wait to see it all unfold. :)

littlebit
04-09-2001, 08:51 PM
{{Big Sigh}}

Hawk, you said all.

But i was kinda hopin he would get to play Chris. i just think Garth could be a really good actor.

Who are those stupid critics to say how high Garth and Chris can fly anyway?

There ain't anyone i know whether they know him as Garth or Chris that didn't like him or the album. From all walks of life.

Critics are like politicians, totally worthless!

:(

CheyenneWindRoper
04-09-2001, 11:48 PM
Great thread with some great posts here people! :) Thanks!

I asked Garth in Nashville, after the JR Tribute, if we were going to get anymore Chris Gaines or if the movie would be made. His answer was simple and sincere.

"I honestly don't know."
He shrugged his shoulders, shook his head and looked disappointed.

Mary Liz

countyfair_85
04-10-2001, 01:45 PM
Thanks for asking him Mary Liz!

I really thought more of Garth's fan base would've followed him on this project "The Lamb"...
I hate to see Garth disappointed...especially by the people he loves.
You know...he said it was going to be a "Ride"...if anyone wanted to come along...and that we were going to have "Some fun"...
How bad could that be? The music is beautiful and the album is a must have...one that can be played over and over and over again...and you just never get tired of hearing it.
It's amazing!

-Diane

CheyenneWindRoper
04-10-2001, 03:51 PM
Hi Diane! :)

Keep in mind, he didn't rule out that the movie wouldn't happen or that he wouldn't do more music for Chris Gaines! ;) Maybe this ride is just beginning!

I think Garth's appearance of disappointment was in that things were not coming to conclusion or faster results. With him really not in control of the whole project, I guess he just has to sit back and see what comes....as do we all!

Since he is not as busy with touring right now, perhaps he will have a bit more time to put his powers of persuation:) to work and get The Lamb and Chris Gaines back onto the fast (or at least faster) track. That is as soon as he finishes the new album of course!

:)
Mary Liz

fuzzwuzz
04-10-2001, 07:00 PM
Yeah. And Chris' next album is supposed to be his best too just like Garth's.:)

meli
04-11-2001, 07:31 PM
Well, keep in mind also that Garth's just as much in the dark about all future film projects as anyone in Hollywood right now. There is an impending strike by both the Screen Writers Guild and the Screen Actors Guild set to take place by this Summer, and all the indicators are this could be a strike that could last as long as a year. A year's a long time for any project to be in limbo, so I think Garth was just being honest

littlebit
04-19-2001, 01:00 PM
Even without the strike the little people i know in hollywierd say it's take time to get things goin.

{{Big Sigh}}

Will keep my eyes, fingers, toes, legs, whatever crossed and keep the faith that it will eventually be done in Garth's favor. After all this was HIS idea not hollyweirds. i can't blame him for wanting more control. Who wouldn't ;)

CheyenneWindRoper
04-19-2001, 01:05 PM
hollyweirds

:D:D:DLOL:D:D:D

deAnnalynn, you are too funny!

:)
Mary Liz

viiadcvii
04-20-2001, 04:31 PM
Hey everyone, I'm sticking with this one. Garth definitely caught my attention with Chris Gaines and I definitely want to be there till the end. Even if he isn't in the movie himself he will still be providing the soundtrack. The main reason for me seeing 'Frequency', 'For Love Of The Game' and 'Hope Floats' was to hear Garth. He is still as big a part of this project as ever.
I love to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts though. And I have to say, there were some great posts in this thread.
Alisha:)

kristen166
04-22-2001, 02:45 PM
I don't think there will be a movie at all. Rather Garth plays the part or not, I don't think there will be a movie.

If Garth is serious about having a career in film he needs to ditch the Lamb and start with something else. He is talented, he could write something sooo much better.

fuzzwuzz
04-22-2001, 10:54 PM
If it wasn't good he would have ditched it a long time ago. He knows what he is doing.

kristen166
04-23-2001, 03:05 PM
Maybe not.:)

Wendi5000
04-23-2001, 05:03 PM
It sounds to me like he's in the process of ditching it :eek:.

fuzzwuzz
04-23-2001, 10:35 PM
Have ye no faith?

Wendi5000
04-26-2001, 10:56 PM
If I stand in my window and say I have faith that I can fly that isn't going to keep me from getting smashed on the concrete if I jump :p.

fuzzwuzz
04-27-2001, 12:05 AM
Chris doesn't commit suicide. He is murdered.

Wendi5000
04-29-2001, 02:02 PM
I wasn't talking about Chris or the movie at all; I was talking about the fact that faith doesn't automatically make something happen :eek:. But anyway, since the movie hasn't come out yet (and probably won't), I find it quite funny that everyone *knows* what is going to happen in the movie :rolleyes:.

fuzzwuzz
04-30-2001, 12:28 AM
Oh Wendi! Gotta love ya! :) Don't ya see? It's like Garth said; you don't know. You gotta believe, like it's a done deal. Not 'if'.

Wendi5000
04-30-2001, 01:12 PM
I believe I will get a million dollars in the next two seconds...

Nope, didn't happen :p

I believe that if I study hard in school and work hard when I get out i can be a millionaire.

That is a realistic belief :).

kristen166
04-30-2001, 05:10 PM
I believe that after Wendi makes great grades in school and gets a good job and is a millionare that I will smuggle all her money out of her bank account and into mine.:)

That is a realistic belief as well.:)

fuzzwuzz
04-30-2001, 11:35 PM
Wendi and Kristen, if you two are just having fun, that's fine. But if you are making fun of others with a real vision, that they believe in, I feel sorry for you, because you'll never know what it's like to really try.

Wendi5000
05-01-2001, 12:05 AM
Having a vision and working towards it is a one thing. But sitting on your behind, twiddling your thumbs, and believing that the vision is going to land in your lap is quite another.

PS before you flame me, "your" is a general term not referring to any specific person ~ ahh the limits of our language.

kristen166
05-01-2001, 12:31 AM
I am not making fun of anybody. I am a realist not a dreamer. :)

I don't think the movie will be made or release. I don't believe it will. The reason I don't is because if you look nothing is being done on it, Garth don't talk about it much and when he does he said he don't even know himself.:)

It was suppose to be out a year after the Gaines album was released. This coming fall that will be 2 years ago.:

Yeah it could be made. I could be totally wrong. I know if it does get made you all will be in our face because we thought it would not happen. We will deserve it. In fact I will let you pie me a few times if it gets made.:)

I am not against the Chris Gaines thing. I bought 4 of the albums even though I don't even like most of the songs on it. It was more of an accident why I ended up with four, but I was going to get two.:)

It is good that you people have believing attitudes. Sometimes I even envy people like that.:)

fuzzwuzz
05-01-2001, 01:36 AM
Just look at the words to The River and realize this, Garth ain't twiddling his thumbs doing nothing. He's never been one to be content with sitting on the shoreline satisfied with 'real' life. How would you know if you ain't tried chancing the rapids yourself?

If you aren't helping, you are hindering by making fun. And that hurts, ok? You're in MY FACE!!!! So quit it!!!

Wendi5000
05-01-2001, 12:03 PM
Hmmmm.... I don't remember directing any previous posts at any specific person :confused:. If someone doesn't like me opinion they are free to tell me so :). But am I not also free to voice my opinion :eek:? I'm not in anyone's face. I'm on a message board that no one is being forced to read. My posts are well within the rules, but quite frankly I feel that some of the replies I am getting are bordering on personal attacks :(. Please, there is no reason for a difference of opinion to get nasty. Let's all remember to take a deep breath and count to ten before we hit "reply". :)

fuzzwuzz
05-02-2001, 02:04 AM
Hi Wendi. I'm Dale. I'm a real person. You are attacking me first with your personal opinions as if I don't have any right to respond personally to them. Sure, state your opinions. I'll direct my replies back to you, right in your face, just like you've been doing in mine. But right now, I prefer to walk away if you don't mind. And NOW I WILL take that deep breath!

Wendi5000
05-05-2001, 03:31 PM
I am not attacking anyone. My opinions are about Garth/Chris (whoever he thinks he is), not anyone else. You have every right to respond. But it is kind of silly to say I am "in you face" since I am thousands of miles away from you. Now, can we please quit with these petty personal attacks and get back on topic?