PDA

View Full Version : Garth's Shaky Start....

Cheryl
02-28-2001, 09:48 AM
Nothing here we dont already know, but like all good stories they are fun to hear over and over again! :)
From countrystars.com:

GARTH'S SHAKY START
You look at Garth Brooks' 100 million albums sold and think that Nashville record companies must have been clamoring to sign him up. Not so says Garth. By the time he auditioned for Capitol Records Nashville, he'd already been passed up several times. "God, I was sweating bullets," he says of his Capitol audition. "And I sang about half a dozen songs, just me and my guitar, and walked out. Well, we got a call later saying that CAPITOL had passed on a deal. And that was cool, 'cause I'd been passed on by MCA and WARNER BROS. and RCA, so it was like, well, this is the first time around, no bid deal."

BUT THEN, CAPITOL CHANGED THEIR MINDS
Garth explains, "So next night I was waiting to play a showcase at the BLUEBIRD for 'The Nashville Songwriters.' Once again, for all the guys back home that think it's you being at the right time--you're right again. Capitol executive Lynn Shultz was there to see an artist that never showed up and I went in his spot. And when I got through LYNN walked over to BOB and said "Where did we leave this deal?" And he said "Well, you guys passed on it as far as I know" and he said, "Come in tomorrow, I might have overlooked something."

jstensig
02-28-2001, 10:49 AM
Great story.

Thank you Cheryl.

Man - the other companies must be annoyed that they let him go!

Jakob

minnesotagbfan
02-28-2001, 12:03 PM
that story gets me every time as without his music i very well might not be married now