PDA

View Full Version : what is aol board ?

garthine
03-21-2000, 12:55 PM
im fairly new here and to a computter can anyone tell me what the aol board is and how you get to it i know this sounds dumb to ask but im just learning how run a computter im from the old school thanks for your help Linda N

hugeGBnutt
03-21-2000, 01:16 PM
well, i guess you mean the AOL Garth board?? .....well because of the way its set up you cannot link it(that i know of anyway), but i'll e-mail it to you, ok?<P>aRiN

Chris Gaines
03-21-2000, 01:25 PM
aRi,<P>YUes you can link it here :)<P>Click on the FAVORITES in your toolbar at the top, when a drop down window appears click on FAVORITE PLACES.<P>When the Favorite Places box comes up.. SINGLE CLICK on the "Garth Board" you have stored... then at the bottom of the Favs window click on "EDIT" and a window will come up.<P>the bottom line in that window .. is the Link address (Will start with "aol" :)<P>Copy it.. and paste it into this reply window on PG.<P>and to do the link you do this:<P>[.url](paste addy here)[./url] (minus the periods before "url"<P>then send it.. and walla a AOL link on PG :)<P>But just remember.. for people to goto it.. they also have to be using AOL, and be using AOLs embedded Browser. :)<P>JasonN

Karen4GB
03-21-2000, 01:54 PM
I can't use it if I'm not on AOL? :( Drats.<P>-Karen-N

Chris Gaines
03-21-2000, 02:02 PM
Here is an exaple of "an AOL ONLY" Message Board for Garth :)<P>Just remember ya have to be using AOLs embedded browser for you to be able to go there :)<P> <A HREF="http://aol://5863:126/mB:84462" TARGET=_blank>aol://5863:126/mB:84462</A> <P>Wonder if it'll work ;)<P>JasonN

Chris Gaines
03-21-2000, 02:03 PM
ohw ell didn't work... but you can copy it.. and then paste it in the Keyword Field on AOL.. and it'll go there :)<P><BR>LOL<BR>JasonN

garthine
03-21-2000, 02:08 PM
im with att world net can i still get it i tried the link said server not found i dont know how to paste and all that told you i was dummy is there a way i can go thru browser like i do get this site sorry so many questains N

OHBAL
03-22-2000, 07:41 AM
Hey All,<P>I AM on AOL and I had no idea there were Garth boards there. How do you get to it/them? If more than one, what seems to be the best one?<P>Also, while we're on this subject, I keep popping into the AOL Garth Brooks Chat Room but I never see any PGers there - in fact it usually sounds like some kids goofin' around.<BR>Any of you every go there?<P>Bev<BR>N

Chris Gaines
03-22-2000, 08:19 AM
Bev,<P><BR>Keyword: EABOARDS<P>then look in the Celeberties :)<P>JasonN

Chris Gaines
03-22-2000, 08:23 AM
Bev,<P>I go in the "Public Room" on AOL<P>In Arts&Entertainment calls "Garth Brooks Fan"<P>But I won't go in if no one is there.. but usually it'sd very late at night when I venture in that room ;)<P>JasonN

OHBAL
03-22-2000, 08:46 AM
Thanks Jason,<P>Think I'll head over to those boards right now.<P>BTW, that's the chat room I was refering to so maybe I'm just not going to it at the right times.<P>BevN

loreli
03-22-2000, 08:51 AM
Bev, <P>I'm on AOL too. You have to be careful going into a chat room. Most of the people there are kids trying to outswear each other or people looking for um, uh, cyber you know what. ;)<P>LoriN