PDA

View Full Version : A Plea to Garth

Janet Miles
02-22-2001, 06:24 PM
As I was helping clean my Mother's house to move, I recently came across a prized collection of Garth Brooks photos and memorabilia. My sister lived in Richardson, Texas in the late 1980's and early 1990's. It was then that she followed Garth to his one night shows around the Dallas area. The fact that he was unsure of his success was dispelled by my sister's continued assurance to him that success was eminent.

The photos brought back many memories of the stories she had shared with me about their friendship. Over the past few years, I have tried to reach Garth in various ways to let him know she has been ill, and my instinct is to try to talk to him, as I know, if he were aware of it, he would return the favor of encouragement to her.

If anyone on this site could please try to reach him, just tell him the girl who always brought him a yellow rose, is in need of friendship. They first met in and around Dallas in the early 90's. He had scarcely 30-40 people at his sessions. So, if anyone can help get the message to him, my job will be done! Thanks so much!

JMiles

Chris Gaines
02-22-2001, 06:30 PM
Welcome to PG...

And you might want to write a letter to Garth's Management about the girl :)

here is the addy :)

GB Management
ATTN: Garth Brooks
1111 17th Ave. South
Nashville, TN 37212

And Garth WILL get your message :)

Jason

majmom
02-23-2001, 09:07 AM
Janet-

Sorry to hear about your sister. Another way to get info to Garth is to get a letter to someone here who will be seeing him at his next appearance - whether it's the Opry - or the talk show circuit to promote the new album when it comes out - or promos for Chris Gaines/The Lamb...none of these is scheduled as of yet, but when they are, someone here will find out and post the info - and you can be sure that someone here will be wherever Garth is appearing! If he appears in NY, I will be there and would be happy to deliver a letter for you.

Everyone here is very generous and helpful - I have sent letters to several people who have hand-delivered them to Garth for me - so I KNOW he got them.

In the mean time, Jason is right - if you send Garth a letter via GBM he WILL get it - and it's said he reads everything - but he is also supposed to be WAY behind on his mail, as you might imagine.

Good Luck and we'll have your sister in our prayers.

Keep trying to reach Garth - You Gotta Believe it will happen!

Kerry

Chris Gaines
02-23-2001, 09:14 AM
Kerry,

your right.. but the problem here is time..

Garth has NOTHING on the schedule for a while..
The Lamb won't be out till at the earliest Fall 2001
The Album.. we all have real doubts as to when that will happen.. he said mom/dad day.. but we know he loves the November release date.

So unless he's on Hollywood Squares.. or something like that and the CA people actually tell us about it before hand ... I don't think there is a time when someone can guarentee they will meet him.

He's "retired" from touring.. and said he won't do the Opry as a weekend Warrior.. so that kinda rules that out too :(

*sigh*
Jason

Janet Miles
02-23-2001, 01:46 PM
Whoever sent me email, I cannot reply. Please let me know how I can reach you.
Janet

GBsMydance
02-24-2001, 11:00 PM
It has also been mentioned before, that Garth does read this forum occasionally... So keep your fingers crossed and believe..
I hope you are successful.. Garth is a very giving man, also I might suggest when you write the letter to mail off to GB Mgmt.. that you include your sisters telephone number, as Garth has been known to pick up a phone and dial..
Good luck, and welcome to our neighborhood!

Y@nkee
02-25-2001, 04:24 PM
This is more of a 'can anyone help me' thread than it is a Garth Moments thread. Therefore I'm moving it to the main forum where it will have more visibility.

I really hope someone will be able to help you contact Garth, Janet. The man has a heart of gold! If your sister was an early-supporter of his, I know he'll want to reciprocate if at all possible.

Y@nkee

fuzzwuzz
03-08-2001, 12:43 AM
Janet, I'll surely be keeping your sister in my prayers. I for one would love to hear the stories she shared with you about her friendship with Garth in his early days. We don't hear much from those who 'knew him back when'. And I hope it works out that she gets to see him again soon.

bethany
08-14-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Chris Gaines
Welcome to PG...

And you might want to write a letter to Garth's Management about the girl :)

here is the addy :)

GB Management
ATTN: Garth Brooks
1111 17th Ave. South
Nashville, TN 37212

And Garth WILL get your message :)

Jason

Is this address still valid? If someone wanted to send a card or letter?

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
08-14-2002, 11:40 AM
Bethany ~

Yes, that address is still valid.

OKCOWGRL
08-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Hi Janet- Please check your mail.

As far as GBM its still there and still a valid address however most of the mail sits in the back room for months sometimes longer before it is even looked at. Your talking mail crate after mail crate.

Keep believing Janet!

Mica

Ceespin
08-15-2002, 05:53 AM
I notice it's been well over a year now...since the first post.
How is your sister? Did you ever get a letter off to Garth?
Take care ~