PDA

View Full Version : Earnhardt Tribute on ESPN

Geoff
02-20-2001, 07:15 PM
Y'all... ESPN did a tribute to the late great Dale Earnhardt tonight. The show started off with none othere than the end of Garth's "The Dance". At the close of the show the had the last line of the chorus and the fade out of "The Dance". I think that this is the first time that ESPN has used country music in/on anything they have shown. I think they picked the right song for a great champion.

ohiogarthfan
02-20-2001, 07:21 PM
I think that it fit perfectly as well. When it came on it brought tears to my eyes, and when it went off it did as well, I don't reallly think that they could have picked a better song.

nelty
02-20-2001, 08:00 PM
I think it fits perfectly too...

Like I said in the open forum. He will be remembered. I saw that crash, it was a "ouchy" one.

Nelly

hugeGBnutt
02-20-2001, 08:04 PM
very cool!

G-f
02-20-2001, 08:44 PM
Hi Nelly and all,
I think it was a wonderful song and it fit Dale perfectly. I live in NC where he is from, not in the same town, but was a big fan of his. My ex husband got me hooked on racing years ago, around 1984. Well my ex is gone but the love for racing and Dale stayed with me. Okay some of you folks from the north aren't into racing as much as we southern folks are..lol Seriously, Sunday night when they kept showing it over and over and still keep showing, well I cried big time. When you see someone on TV every week for all those years and 9 months out of the year, well I felt like I knew him. It made me think well I'm in a way morning Garth's retirement and now Earnhardt's death. If anything every happened to Garth, wow it would put me over. I just miss him like I would a "very" close friend. Racing is OVER for me and I heard many on TV say that. But this is a GB Forum so I will hush. :( I'm glad they played the Dance for him!!
Tricia

garthsgirl1
02-20-2001, 09:46 PM
I am sorry that I missed that. I know that there is a 12 hour tribute to him this Saturday... I plan to watch.

My local radio station broadcasts the race every week as well as a race report on Sunday nights. They took The Dance and inserted several clips of Dale speaking over the years and then they also inserted clips of fans that called in Sunday night after the race. if you would like to listen to it, you can go to:
www.kfkf.com and then go to the nascar link. It is supposed to be on there so fans can download it.

My prayers are with Dale's family now. What a rough time for them, especially with this being the start of the season.

Dale will be missed :(. I don't know how he will ever be replaced.

Tracey

Chris Gaines is The Game
02-20-2001, 10:08 PM
I saw the race Sunday. I saw the wreck and expected Dale to walk away from it. I've seen him walk away from worse but I guess he wasn't meant to walk away.

But ESPN did I good job by using The Dance I felt that was the perfect song.

GBsMydance
02-20-2001, 10:21 PM
My radio station came on this morning and said it was going to dedicate the next song to Dale and his family..
The song was "The Dance"
"We send out with love the Dance to Number 3 and his family.."
What a nice dedication.. I was very proud.. and The Dance it fit so well.

S23GBfan
02-21-2001, 12:26 AM
I think it would be cool to get the Brooks & Dunn video "Honky Tonk Truth" with Dale Earnhardt to be the number 1 requested video. If you agree go request it. http://www.country.com/cmt/on-cmt/on-cmt-request-f.html

Jen19
02-21-2001, 03:10 PM
I saw that too... They used the Dance alot to pay tribute to him..

here is a website that did too...

http://personal.cfw.com/~racin/Davey_Allison1.htm

JEN

Jen19
02-21-2001, 03:56 PM
This is a good triubte to the man....

http://www.925xtu.com/he/audio/tracksofgold.htm

JulieLvsGB
02-21-2001, 04:23 PM
I think "The Dance" fits perfectly, also. Today my country radio station played "When You Come Back To Me Again" and in between played some of the messages people were calling into the station. Very sad.

Julie

Vanessa
02-21-2001, 07:29 PM
My local radio station didn't play The Dance :( but they did play Diamond Rio's new song "One More Day", they added in fan's comments and such throughout the song. It was very touching and made me cry. My heart goes out to the family members of Dale Earnhardt, God Bless you all :)

Vanessa :)

GBShameless
02-21-2001, 09:38 PM
The radio station here in Boston WKLB, played the Dance on Tuesday for Dale and today they made a dedication out of One More Day from Diamond Rio, they added people in there talking about Dale. It is a really nice tribute, but defintely a song that you need a box of tissues. it is totally beautiful.

robin

ShellyGirl
02-22-2001, 07:58 PM
I am not a huge racing fan, but this is a tremendous loss to the racing community. Dale epitomized racing. My prayers are with his family.