PDA

View Full Version : Box Set--I Got It!!

Karen
05-04-1998, 01:02 PM
Yeah, guys. I've got my hot little hands on it! And boy is it awesome!! Got it by UPS--ordered over the internet.
<p>It's fabulous! Can hardly wait to hear all the new ones.
<p>Gotta go listen.
<p>KarenN

SHANE CLARKE LAYNE
05-04-1998, 10:58 PM
Well i will tell you this I got my box set about an hour a ago boy. I tell you what Garth can do a little magic on his new unrelase song like TO MAKE YOU FELL MY LOVE is a powerful song. And THIS AIN'T TENNESSEE is a great song too.
<br>And if your a big rodeo fan you love this song call UPTOWN DOWNHOME GOOD OL'BOY. And if you like AIN'T GOIN' DOWN (TIL THE SUN COMES UP) you will like SOMETHING WITH A RING TO IT.
<p>Well I will talk to you later enjoy listhing to the new Garth Brooks Box Set.
<p>From the Garth Brooks fan from a little town from Hartford Arkansas.
<p>YOUR BIG FAN SHANE C. LAYNE
<p>THANK FOR THE BOX SET GARTHMANN

Cheryl
05-05-1998, 09:55 AM
Got mine first thing this am. The new stuff is incredible! But I gotta say, my favorite is "To Make You Feel My Love". Just listening to that while gazing at the picture on page 60 makes me fully understand the line "No, heaven's not beyond the clouds - It's for us to find right here." Wooohooo!!!!!N

Peggy H
05-05-1998, 10:47 AM
I got to Kmart at 11:00 this morning, there was only one left. The cashier said that the box sets have been selling like crazy, she said about one out of every 5 people bought one this morning. and Iam from a pretty small city Springfield. I love "Make You Fell My Love" "This Ain't Tennessee" is beautiful! (Do you thing Garth will sing that Lexington?) Also love "Uptown DownHome Good Ol' Boy" great song. Only 3 I have listened to yet(kept hitting repeat) N

N7HVN
05-05-1998, 11:12 AM
Just got The Limited Series and only have time to listen to one cd before I go to work, but it is awsome. To Make You Feel My Love is an awesome love song and Garth does it in his usually awesome way. The line in the song that says "You ain't seen nothing yet" seems to have a personal Garthly touch. I don't think anyone else could touch the way Garth does this line. I can almost see the Garthly smirk on his face as he sings this line. I can't wait to get home from work and listen to more! Thanks for the one who made this happen.N

Andy
05-05-1998, 12:26 PM
All I have to say is WHAT A DAY!!
<br>It seems like I have been living for this day for weeks. But, what Garth fan isn't while release days approach. I have an honest confession to make. While I listened to "To Make You Feel My Love" for the first time, I got a little teary eyed. Besides "The Dance", it is the only song that has ever done that to me. I'm not sure if it is just because Garth sings it. Who knows, but it is one of his best pieces. It will be a number one single within weeks, if not sooner. I hope everyone is enjoying all of the new songs, and the picture book that came with the box set. What a deal it was. I have all of his CD's already, but The Limited Series was sure worth $30.00. I just can't wait to see him in Louisville on May 20th. I am praying that he sings To Make You Feel My Love. Take care, and keep believ'in.
<p>AndyN

Nancy
05-05-1998, 03:56 PM
Hey, Cheryl....so it's page 60 for you??? I can't stop looking at page 28. And when I look at it while listening to "Which one of them will be you tonight?", all I can say is "Let it be me, Garth, please let it be me!!!!"N

lcxenafan
05-05-1998, 07:11 PM
i got the box set! i went to walmart at midnite last nite, i couldnt wait...LOL i Love to Make you feel love and this aint tennesse. love the book. Worth every penny. thanks
<br>heatherN

Stefanie
05-05-1998, 07:20 PM
Nancy, I must agree with you there--that picture makes me melt! I'm so happy and grateful to have the boxed set--I feel so lucky! My favorite new one is "Make You Feel My Love" followed closely by "Tennessee". I'm so glad that Garth (and everyone else) was able to put this together and keep the price down. And how about that quote on the first page of the book--Do I hear an Amen?!?
<br>God bless Garth and everyone involved and especially all you fellow GarthNutts,
<br>Stefanie
<br>P.S. I'd LOVE to have some Garth fans for email pals--email me if you'd like--I'd love to get to know some of you better!N

Karen
05-06-1998, 07:13 AM
Since Monday I've been listening and listening (got it before it went on sale). WOW! When I think he can't get any better, Garth goes and does his thing!
<p>I am in total awe of "Make You Feel My Love". The emotion that Garth puts in that song rocks me down to the core! I've always felt that way about "Shameless", too. How can he have anything left when he gives everything to us in such songs?!! But he always has something else to share. A real icon for the 90's.N

Gary Daniel
05-06-1998, 11:28 AM
Ok...I know you're dying to hear my rankings of the new songs...so here you go.
<p>Which one of them---Great tune especially that dual line in the first part
<p>Somethin' with a ring to it--nice swing tune, cute lyrics without being over the top.
<p>Uptown, Downhome Good ole' boy--this song is probably the most classic country song I've heard him do, besides the other stuff off that first album
<p>Make you feel my love--i'd "love" it a lot more if he didn't sound so much like Dylan in that first verse
<p>This ain't tennessee--I'm not so sure on this one, but I think it'll grow on me the more i listen to it
<p>Anonymous--hmmm...I don't know what to say about it...just way too depressing and doesn't seem like a garth type song...most of his songs have attitude to them...even the sad ones and this one seems to just kind of sit there you know?
<p>What do y'all think???N

Ginmyheart
05-06-1998, 02:55 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the box set......where does one start? I had pre-ordered it thru cduniverse.com and on Tuesday morning I awoke to the conclusion that I should also take a drive up to the local Walmart and get myself one. Call me crazy....but all throughtout Monday so many thoughts raced thru my mind.
<br>What if I get receive my order, what about the wait that I had to ENDURE for the UPS man to deliver it to my door........heavens NO
<br>I couldn't imagine a longer wait (as if we have waited enuff)! So it was settled, I would go to the store at 9:00 am to get my copy. I did buy it and immediately put it on
<br>when I got home. Low and behold the doorbell
<br>rings and what do I see......the lovely UPS man making his delivery........he is deliverying my package. THE BOX SET!
<p>So ya see I am now holding TWO sets in my hot little hands. And that is where they will stay! One to enjoy and one to keep intact!
<p>I love it and it plays continuously in my house! My faves are TMYFML and This Ain't Tennessee, following close behind is Anonomyous. To sum it up I'll quote da man himself........VERY COOL VERY NICE! Well worth the 27.88 at Walmart and the 46.00
<br>at cd universe.
<p>Gotta say I LOVE EM G PIX! Thanks for listening and sorry for it being so long. Take care. Cristina
<br>N

KYGRL
05-06-1998, 03:50 PM
Well, I love to make you feel my love, but my personal favorite is anonymous. Garth was right when he described the innocent feeling in the song. They are all great though, what else could we expect from the most talented man in music.
<br>JohndaN

PAGBFN
05-06-1998, 05:13 PM
I'd go to the ends of the earth to get this box set. I had every intention of being at the local K-mart at 8 am when the doors opened, pick it up and then off to work by 9.
<br>But as fate would have it, a sinus infection,
<br>reared it's ugly head. Couldn't get the head off the pillow!!!! But after the doctor's appt. and with an eye about swollen shut, I stopped at the local Circuit City, and was able to buy 2 box sets. CALL ME CRAZY!!!! My
<br>husband did!!!! Love the G man!!!!! N

cntrygrl
05-10-1998, 10:07 AM
Hey guys. Just ordered my boxset over the net. Tried to get it at my local K-Mart and Wal-Mart, but they sold out within like two hours of the time they got them. I have every single one of Garth's albums already, but I just had to have the box set, so I ordered it over the net. Now I'm just waiting on it to arrive. I can't wait, I know it will be great. N

forever t bozs guy
05-15-1998, 08:47 PM
I got ahold of my copy... ordered it from Music Blvd... figured $39.98 was a fair enough price (and the service is pretty quick too)... turns out that the box set took me past the buy-ten-get-one-free mark on the Frequent Buyers Club thingy, so I got a $12.99 credit, and after postage, got the set for $30.98. hehehehehe...
<p>N

DSSRTLADY
05-16-1998, 04:05 PM
I got my box set the morning that they went on sale. I went to Walmart that morning about 7:30am to grab one up in Moore, OK right outside of OKC, OK and these people didn't have them on the shelves. THe guy in electronics was really nice about it and asked me if I didn't get it right then would he lose a sale that day. I said probably so, so this sweetie went to the back and got me a copy. I love it. Book and all.
<p>Love from Oklahoma!!!
<br>Garthnutts and Garthfriends Forever!!!
<br>Tina N

Schatsiek
05-21-1998, 07:25 PM
Hey Karen,
<p>I got my Garth Brooks Box Set on May 06,the day after the day it was released. You can tell that Garth and his record company really worked hard to put "THE LIMITED SERIES" together. I like all the previously unreleased cuts in "THE LIMITED SERIES,"but my three four faavorites are as follows: "TO MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE," "SOMETHING WITH A RING TO IT," "UPTOWN DOWN HOME GOOD OL' BOY," AND "WHICH ONE OF THEM (WILL BE YOU TONIGHT)" I KIND OF LIKE "THIS AIN'T TENNESSEE" BUT I AM NOT REAL CRAZY ABOUT "ANONYMOUS." Personally, I am glad that Garth decided to release "The Limited Series."
<p>LIKE MANY OTHERS HAVE SAID BEFORE: THANKS FOR THE BOX SET GARTH.
<p>OH AND BY THE WAY "THE LIMITED SERIES" DEBUTED AT #1 ON BOTH THE TOP COUNTRY ALBUMS CHART AND THE BILLBOARD TOP 200 ALBUM CHART.
<p>Sincerely,
<br>TJ Schatsiek
<p>P.S. LONG LIVE GARTH
<br>P.P.S. FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT schatsiek@hotmail.com or schoolspirit1@yahoo.comN

Janie
05-23-1998, 03:34 AM
Well, I'm in Australia, and I went to HMV music yesterday and they had several of the boxed sets there. Problem was I couldn't afford it:
<p>$110.00
<p>Looks like it'll be on my birthday list. How much did you guys pay for it in the US?N

dj
05-23-1998, 03:57 AM
to janie in australia
<br>I wonder how much shipping would be if you ordered it from walmart online. They were selling it for 27.88 and shipping in the U.S. was 3.00. I don't know how much more they would charge you. It would be worth checking out though.
<br>DellaN