PDA

View Full Version : Hope Floats

TJsgotGBfever
04-28-1998, 05:27 AM
HIYA...
<br> Hey Brandon...thanks for this great new forum...wonderful idea!!!
<br> Anyway....we went to the movies this weekend and for the first time I saw a preview for the movie "Hope Floats" It looks like an excellent movie...very touching. And the soundtrack is going to be INCREDIBLE!!! So many great artists!
<br>At the end of the preview they listed about 8 or so artists that have music on the soundtrack and I couldn't believe it...NO GARTH!! I wonder why he isn't listed?? Did he not work out a deal to get his name mentioned?? Or did the movie people not think Garth was important enough?? I was really surprised!
<br> Take Care, T : )
<br>
<br>N

PlanetGarth.com
04-28-1998, 07:11 PM
The only time I've ever seen Garth's name associated with the soundtrack, was the commercial during the ACM's.
<p>Don't know if there is a reason why he isn't listed in the movie trailers.N

Andy
05-03-1998, 07:54 AM
I was just reading a message posted on a Garth mailing list through Roughstock, and it looks like Garth's song is not included on the Hope Floats soundtrack. It went on to say that Trisha Yearwood sings that song for the movie. However, Garth's version of "To Make You Feel My Love" is the only version being released to radio. It is also his bonus track on the Fresh Horses album within the Limited Series. Hope this clears some things up. I am still wondering why he is associated with the movie promos if he isn't even featured on the soundtrack. If anyone has heard more please let everyone know. Thanks.
<p>Andy N

SHANE CLARKE LAYNE
05-03-1998, 11:23 PM
I WATCH HBO FIRST LOOK IT WAS PLAYING GARTH NEW SONG I THINK IT WELL BE ON THE SOUNDTRACK. I HOPE IT WELL HELP. BECAUSE I THINK IT IS GO TO HEAR I OF GARTH SONG IN A MOVIE.
<p>JUST TO LET YOU NO IT WILL BE ON ONE OF HIM 6 NEW SONG THAT WELL BE ON HIS BOX SET.N

Schatsiek
05-21-1998, 07:14 PM
I know that Garth's version of "To Make You Feel My Love" is on the Hope Floats Soundtrack because the other day I was reading an article on the Garth Brooks Mailing List that someone had gotten the soundtrack and Garth's version of "To Make You Feel My Love" is the first song on the "Hope Floats" soundtrack and Trisha Yearwood's version of "To Make You Feel My Love" is the last song on the "Hope Floats" soundtrack.
<p>Sincerely,
<br>TJ Schatsiek
<br>Bartonville, ILN

mbarker
05-22-1998, 11:25 AM
Garth's "To Make You Feel My Love" is the first song on the Hope Floats soundtrack. Trisha's version is the last. If you watch the commercials for the movie, they show the list of artists and Garth is on there...(listed 2nd after Bryan Adams) I believe the duet by Martina McBride & Bob Seger has been released to adult contemporary stations...not sure about country stations. Also VH-1 is doing specials about the movie all weekend with Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick Jr....they will probably introduce and play the video.N