PDA

View Full Version : BOX SET

Ginnette
04-17-1998, 08:55 PM
2 million copies!!!
<br>There are going to be alot of disapointed fans out there (and I may me one of them)
<br>Seeing that I live in Canada, in a small city, I'm not sure how many copies, if any at all, will be available for sale in the stores here. So if anyone has information on the distribution on the limited copies and where I can go to guarentee I will get one, that would be great.N

fancy1
04-27-1998, 05:23 PM
<br>Garth talks about the soon to be released box set, The Limited Set in real audio format at
<br>http://capitol-nashville.com/NewRelease/
<br>If you think you're just buying a second copy of cds you already own, this is definitely worth a listen!N

TJsgotGBfever
04-28-1998, 06:18 AM
HIYA!!
<p> Fancy....thanks for the info...I went into the site but unfortunately I do not have the capability to listen to the interview....any little tidbits you can offer about what Garth said?? I have ordered my copy through Sam Goody...can't wait!!!!
<br> Ginnette, If you are lookin for a copy of the boxset and don't know where you'll be able to get one....right here in PLanet Garth there is a place online that you can order one ahead of time. I always see the advertisement in the World Tour section. Take Care,
<br> T : )
<br> N

fancy1
04-28-1998, 08:39 PM
TJ - you know you can d/l real audio for free right on the spot, but I'll try to get the high points for you.
<p>It's a 5 minute interview with Garth. Apparently, each of the 6 cds in the set are the first 6 cds Garth released and each will have a new song on it. Here are the ones they covered:
<p>Garth Brooks. Garth brought several songs with him to Nashville. "Friends in Low Places", and "Much Too Young" among them. The new song on this cd will be "Uptown, Down Home Good Ole Boys" written by Dwayne Blackwell and Bud Lee who wrote "Friends.."
<p>No Fences. Garth has had a big ballad called "This Ain't Tennesse" looking for the right cd to put it on. He said he thought the boxed set was a big enough venue for it.
<p>Ropin' the Wind. Another song Garth brought with him to Nashville will go on this cd, "Which One of Them Will You Be Tonight". He said they have done this live a long time and it was particularly big in Australia.
<p>Chase. He liked a demo Mark Collie did called "Something With a Ring To It" that had a swing sound to it. It was later done by Aaron Tippin without the swing. Garth said he loves to hear swing and so his version has the original swing sound for this cd.
<p>Fresh Horses. This cd will have "To Make You Feel My Love" from the movie "Hope Floats". Garth said the director called him about the project. He said he thought the story about a divorced woman with a little girl who returns to her home town was a beautiful story and felt lucky to be a part of it. He said he had never met Bob Dylan but heard that Dylan had heard his version. He said he was thrilled that Dylan had heard his music.
<p>In the WOW dept...he was asked about a new song that Tony Arata (The Change, The Dance)has written for him. Garth fairly gushed about a new song called "Anonymous". The way he said it was "beautiful" and "very romantic" stood out. It's about a guy who loves a woman but is afraid approach her. Garth says it's "innocence" stopped it from sounding like a stalking situation. Hee hee, a funny kind of comment I thought :)
<p>I'm psyched! 6 days and countin'!!N

TJsgotGBfever
04-29-1998, 05:04 AM
hiya fancy,
<p> Thank you so-o-o very much for taking the time to write that out for me!! I really appreciate it! I can't wait to hear all of those new songs and I lost my original "Garth Brooks" tape so I haven't heard those songs in ages. Can't wait to run down to Sam Goody next Tuesday!!
<br> I am lucky enough to be going to see Garth in Lexington KY on the 16TH I am hoping he does a few of the box set songs. Thanks again!! T : )N

KYGRL
04-29-1998, 06:43 AM
Hey, Where are ya gonna be sittin' in Lex. I'm going the 16th too! Just curious.
<br>JohndaN

Gary Daniel
04-29-1998, 11:52 AM
I know this is not really the place to be talking about the lexington concerts...but I will be in the lower arena all three nights. Also in Louisville for the shows on the 22nd and 23rd. I'll be lookin' fine so you'll know it's me! *grin*N

TJsgotGBfever
04-29-1998, 06:51 PM
hiya guys....there will be a group of 6 of us in row R on the floor SAT night. can't wait!! T : )N

Garthlvr
04-30-1998, 06:37 AM
There will be a group of 6 of us on the floor, - Row J!!!
<p>DarlaN

Gerardo Garcia Florez
04-30-1998, 06:58 AM
I have all GB's CDs and I'd love listening the new songs on each album on the box set, but do you think it's worth to buy the CDs again when I already got them? Only for one new song on each CD?
<br>Will HE put all the new songs on another CD lately?
<p>Hala Oviedo!!!!N

KYGRL
04-30-1998, 01:06 PM
Gerardo, I am no expert on Garth, but I would bet that he will not release a cd w/only the new songs any time soon. He is releasing this boxed set so that one can get all of his music for one low price, plus get the new songs. You have to remember too that you get a booklet with pictures and stuff. I am a BIG Journey fan and I had all of their stuff but I still bought the boxed set for the unreleased stuff and the booklet. Look at it like it will be a collectors item since He's only releasing a limited number.
<br>Hope I helped.N

SHANE CLARKE LAYNE
04-30-1998, 11:30 PM
WILL I CAN'T WANT TELL THE NEW BOX SET COME OUT IN FOUR MORE DAYS. I GOT TO TELL YOU YOU BETTER GET YOUR PER-ORDER FOR YOUR BOX SET BEFORE IT GET ALL SOLD OUT.
<p>I CAN'T NOT WANT TELL THE NEW SONG FROM HIS SIX OLD ABLUMS COMES OUT. I LIKE ALL THE NEW SONGS IS ON THE BOX SET.
<p>FIRST ABLUMS CALL GARTH BROOKS "UPTOWN, DOWN HOME GOOD OLE BOYS' I THINK IT WILL BE A GOOD SONG WITH ALL THE ONE LIKE HIS SONGS LIKE MUCH TOO YOUNG TOO DAMA OLD, THE DANCE.
<p>THE NO FENCES ABLUMS
<br>I LIKE WHAT THIS SONGS IS ABOUT IT CALL "THIS AIN'T TENNESSE' IT SOUND LIKE A GOOD SONGS WITH THE THURDER ROLL AND FRIEND IN LOW PLACE.
<p>THE ROPIN' THE WIND ABLUMS
<br>I LIKE WHAT THIS SONG IS ALL ABOUT IT CALL "WHICH ONE OF THEM WILL YOU BE TONIGHT" I THINK IT WENT GARTH MEET HIS WIFE SANDY FOR THE FIRST TIME. WITH GOOD SONGS LIKE THE RIVER, WHAT SHE DOING NOW, PAPA LOVE MAMA, RODEO.
<p>THE CHASE ABLUMS
<br>IT SOUND LIKE A GOOD SONG BUT IT GET YOU GOING. THE SONG IS CALL "SOMETHING WITH A RING TO IT" AND IT GOT SOME GOOD SONGS ON THIS ABLUMS LIKE WE SHALL BE FREE.
<p>THE IN PIECES ABLUMS
<br>DO NOT NO ANYTING ON THIS ABLUMS.
<p>THE FRESH HORSE ABLUMS
<br>THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A SONG FROM GARTH MAN THIS SONG IS CALL "TO MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE" I THINK IT GOING TO BE A GOOD SONG WE HAVE NOT HEARED IN A LONG TIME, THIS SONG WILL BE THE MOVIE CALL "HOPE FLONT" COMING OUT MAY 21.
<p>WILL I HOPE I CAN I A BIG WAY
<p>DOIN"T FOR GET THE BOX SET THERE ONLY 2 MILLIONS GOING TO BE MADE.
<p>WE GOT FOUR MORE DAYS TELL IT COME OUT!!
<p>WILL TALK TO YOU LATER GARTH BIG FAN
<p>SHANE C. LAYNE
<br>
<p>N

Jim Beck
05-01-1998, 04:03 PM
I don't see any reason a separate CD with just the new songs couldn't have been released at the same time as the boxed set.That would've saved the people who already have all his CDs a lot of money. That way, new fans could get all his CDs at once by getting the boxed set, and older fans wouldn't have to buy them all over again. Making them buy the same CDs all over again just to get a few new songs and a booklet with nice pictures doesn't seem rightN

Stefanie
05-03-1998, 08:45 PM
I think that the boxed set is a great idea--it's not expensive at all--Walmart's got it for $27.88 and Sam Goody/Musicland has it fro $29.99--that comes out to about $5 per CD plus the book! that's great for people like me who've had their CD's taken from old boyfriends or other circumstances, and since there's only going to be about 2 million copies, it's sure to be a collectors item. I'm soooooooo excited!!!!!!!!N

N7HVN
05-03-1998, 10:36 PM
The limited series is a great idea! It's not only great marketing strategy but a great idea for true fans. Anytime something is in limited quantity it becomes more valuable. The limited series is not just great music its a collectors item. Two million copies will not go far. The only negative comment I have heard is that "IF" someone has bought all six cd's they must now buy the boxed set to get six new songs. Anyone who complains about this probably has not bought all six cd's. If they had, they would know what a bargain this is. I am paying less than thirty dollars. In this same store they were selling a boxed set by a famous rock group of nine cds for $150.00. I for one am for thankful for the limited series and for the low price!N

SHANE CLARKE LAYNE
05-04-1998, 12:14 AM
I THINK IT GOOD TO GET THE BOX SET FOR
<br>ONLY $27.95. AND IT IS GOOD TO GET ALL
<br>THE OLD CD IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM. YOU
<br>BETTER GET IT OR YOU HAVE TO GET SPEICAL
<br>10TH AVER. CD IN THE YEAR 1999.
<p>AND NOW WE GOT 1 MORE DAY TELL THE GARTH
<br>BROOKS BOX SET COME OUT
<p>IT WELL BE JUST TOO SWEET.
<p>WELL TALK TO YOU LATER
<p>FROM SHANE CLARKE LAYNEN

CMFAN20
05-04-1998, 01:17 AM
Hi everyone...
<p>One more day.... yeah yeah yeah!!!!! I'm excited... I have all of Garth's albums, but only on tapes... except for a Sevens first edition! So I am just so thrilled about the price, because I couldn't really afford to pay for all of other CD's.. now I get them for under $30!! And I can't wait to hear the new songs... I am definitely a happy happy girl!!
<br>Take Care
<p>Paula,N

tgb2cgg
02-11-2002, 01:35 AM
When does the box set come out? im really excited about it. please fill me in. im a new planetgarthie. so i really want to learn more about garth. so if someone could please tell me when its coming out i would appreciate it.

Paula
02-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Hi,

Welcome to PG. You're really digging deep into the threads here! I'm not sure if you have your preferences set to see threads in ascending or descending order, but you might want to switch if you're seeing a lot of old posts at the top of the Forums you are visiting.:)

The boxed set came out in May of 1998, I believe. It was limited and, although there have been some sightings of boxed sets in the stores, there aren't many.

Paula

Chris Gaines
02-11-2002, 11:33 AM
and the BOX SET was GARTH (not Chris Gaines)
Dunno why it's in this forum? LOL

Paula.. you're right.. May 5th, 1998 to be exact :)

and we still have Box Sets.. @ my wal-mart.. for $30.00 each :)

Jason

fuzzwuzz
02-11-2002, 02:40 PM
Well I can't wait for Chris Gaines to release his boxed set too! Hope he includes his album with Crush!