PDA

View Full Version : RIAA Tally?

earnhardt3jimm
02-08-2001, 11:03 PM
Looking at the RIAA website, it appears that The Beatles are farther ahead of Garth than I thought and Led Zepplin is also ahead of Garth (until recently anyways). It said that The Beatles were at 150 million and Garth is at 101 million. Is this correct? And if so we have a lot of buying to do to help Garth be the #1 artist of all time....at least in everyone elses eyes too. We all already know the answer.
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>JimmN

nelty
02-09-2001, 03:09 AM
Hi Jimm
<br>
<br>Welcome to PG.:)
<br>
<br>The Beatle released another CD "1", remember, that brings their total up beside the Beatles was way ahead of Garth anyways.
<br>
<br>Garth is still the artist of all time... The Beatles is a group not a artist, correct me if I'm wrong here. But I'm pretty sure.
<br>
<br>Nelly<P>(This message has been edited by nelty)N

Chris Gaines
02-09-2001, 04:44 AM
Beatles, had 150 Million way before the release of "1"
<br>
<br>Hate to say it but it's true...
<br>
<br>The RIAA added many many certifications on THe Beatles in October, 2000. "1" was released in November.. and that album adds at least 7 Million more to their total.
<br>
<br>Jason
<br>N

jstensig
02-09-2001, 05:39 AM
It's sad, but don't forget that Garth has sold 101 million records in only ten years.
<br>
<br>Come again Beatles.
<br>
<br>JakobN

Chris Gaines
02-09-2001, 05:48 AM
Jakob,
<br>
<br>The Beatles have done well over that mark..
<br>
<br>(Garth did it in 11 not 10) 1989-2000 ;)
<br>
<br>But remember The Beatles didn't have good ways to track the sales like we have today... I really think their number should be about double what it sits at right now.
<br>
<br>But that's just me.
<br>
<br>JasonN

jstensig
02-09-2001, 06:01 AM
Hmmm, It annoys me to say this, but I'll say it anyway: You're probably right. I hadn't thought of that.
<br>
<br>Well, at least we know who's the best.
<br>
<br>Jakob
<br>
<br>N

SweetGBFan
02-09-2001, 06:05 AM
Jason is correct as always. I am SURE that the Beatles record sales are well over 200 million, because when they started there was no way to track the sales. Take it from a day one Beatle fan, we bought every album they came out with!! But as for Garth, he is still the best selling SOLO artist in music history. That has and will be his title alone for quite awhile I am sure. Even if Led Zepplin should jump ahead again they are a group and Garth will still be the best selling SOLO artist of all time!!N

CheyenneWindRoper
02-09-2001, 07:18 AM
Garth is #1 in our book...that's all that really counts. Right? Right! BTW He's up there with the best, and they are some pretty good company! No discredit to them!, but they are groups as mentioned...and he is the solo. Very :cool: Garth!
<br>
<br>Mary LizN

nelty
02-09-2001, 09:49 AM
HEY.. there's 4 people in THE BEATLES right and there's only one of Garth... sooooooo
<br>
<br>If the beatles have 150 millions with four people.....
<br>
<br>THEN... if we 4 of GARTH... GARTH WOULD BE at 404 million... WAYYYYY, MORE then the THE BEATLES... :P
<br>
<br>FAIR PLAY right?? 4 against 4??? lol.. that's just me...
<br>
<br>Nelly N

Chris Gaines
02-09-2001, 10:01 AM
Nelly if that is the case then the Beatles should be credited separately..
<br>
<br>so 4x150 = 600,000,000..
<br>
<br>And the Beatles would still be way ahead :P
<br>
<br>hahahahaa
<br>JasonN

trishaandgarth32
02-09-2001, 01:21 PM
I HATE THE BEATLES. i wish the would all just grow old and DIE.they annoy me so much. i say as TRUE GARTH FANS that we ban the talk of the beatles on this forum and we not buy anymore of this crap they call music. at any rate, a true garth fan hates the beatles and I HATE THE BEATLES.ok i'll get off my soap box now. nice to talk to all of ya'll again.
<br> LeannN

CheyenneWindRoper
02-09-2001, 01:33 PM
Sorry Leann, I could never say I hate the Beatles. I happen to really like their music. I guess differences are what makes the world go round! :) I know Garth likes them and admires them too, as he has said so, on several occasions and even was a spokesperson on their tribute show.
<br>
<br>Granted there is NO-ONE who can hold a candle to Garth im my opinion, but I do also appreciate some others!;)
<br>
<br>Mary LizN

Pilgrim
02-09-2001, 02:55 PM
I agree with Jason:):)
<br>
<br>Also if they really digged into the sales I am 99% sure that ELVIS would be way ahead of Garth as well:)
<br>
<br>The Beatles are cool:) So is Garth and Elvis:)
<br>
<br>BrianN