PDA

View Full Version : Chris LeDoux?

GoodOlFolks
02-06-2001, 04:56 AM
Can someone explain to me why Garth pays tribute to Chris LeDoux in "Much Too Young...", especially in concert? Why is Chris so important to Garth?N

Chris Gaines
02-06-2001, 05:01 AM
Garth grew up with LeDoux's music.. Garth is from Oklahoma (so is LeDoux).. and Garth's love for "Cowboy Music" and who's would be the best to sum that up but the big man himself.. Chris LeDoux :)
<br>
<br>Just like Garth loves James Taylor's Music.. he love's LeDoux's too :)
<br>
<br>Garth loves Chris so much..he underwent 3 days of tests to see if he could give LeDoux part of his liver when Chris needed a donor. :)
<br>
<br>Hope that helps :)
<br>JasonN

Cheryl
02-06-2001, 06:26 AM
And, just to add to what Jason said.....Garth also credits Chris LeDoux for his live show. As Garth says in the liner notes of Double Live "Then came 'The Cocky Bull' in Victorville, California, opening for a guy named Chris LeDoux. He and his guys taught us that night that no one in the house should be louder than the band, wilder than the band, or having more fun than the band." Granted, that happened long AFTER Garth wrote Much Too Young - but still reflects part of the reason why Chris LeDoux continued to influence Garth even after Much Too Young. :)N

Pilgrim
02-06-2001, 02:05 PM
Chris LeDoux ROCKS!!!:):):)
<br>
<br>BrianN

fuzzwuzz
02-06-2001, 08:14 PM
I also think it's the way Chris 'wears' his cowboy hat, as a 'working' man and what it represents to the people. Chris talks about that briefly in his video of the song about the Cowboy Hat.N

no1cowgirl
02-07-2001, 10:57 AM
Jas-
<br> Just to let ya know....Chris is not from Oklahoma. He grew up mostly in Texas (although he traveled a lot because his dad was in the Air Force--he even lived in France). He was born in Biloxi, Mississipi and finally settled when he was twelve in Austin, Texas when his dad retired from the Air Force.
<br>
<br>
<br> Also, Garth has been quoted as saying something like 'Chris was the reason why my music got played on country radio.' Indicating that Chris opened up doors on country radio for more cowboy/country music.
<br>
<br>Krista<P>(This message has been edited by no1cowgirl)N

GRTH FAN
02-07-2001, 11:02 AM
He's a smart man!! There a whole lot important to each other!! Legends in their time, I would say!!!
<br>Donna :)N

MDgarthgirl
02-07-2001, 11:04 AM
What Krista said reminded me of Mr. LeDoux's CMT Showcase. Garth made an appearance and explained that when he started out, people started to pay attention when they heard "Much Too Young" and Chris LeDoux's name.
<br>
<br>I doubt I'll quote him right, but I think Garth said, "They didn't know who in the hell Garth Brooks was, but they knew who Chris LeDoux was."
<br>
<br>So, they ended up giving each other exposure like that. It was really cute because Mr. LeDoux was saying Garth helped his career and Garth saying Mr. LeDoux helped his career, lol.
<br>
<br>NashN

no1cowgirl
02-07-2001, 12:03 PM
Thanks Nash :) I knew Garth had said something like that quite a few times.
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN

Frankie-20-100
02-07-2001, 12:19 PM
Here's what Garth said in the first cover of the Doule Live album
<br>
<br>AT THE BEGINNING
<br>In 1998, our first record came out. We were a bunch of guys "begging for a place to play". Convinced the music could make a difference, we started touring the honky-tonks, country fair, and rodeos. The first two years were priceless in the "learning category", trying to find our niche in the big picture of country music. We were starting to get the idea that "live" maybe was something that fit us, something we felt "more than comfortable" doing. Then came "The cocky Bull" in victorville, California, opening for a guy named Chris LeDoux. He and his guys taught us that night that no one in the house should be louder than the band, wilder than the band, or having more fun than the band. I felt something "click", we all did. We had no way of knowing it then, but the ride of a lifetime was about to begin.
<br>
<br>I think we all need to say thank God Chris LeDoux
<br>
<br>France<P>(This message has been edited by Frankie-20-100)N