PDA

View Full Version : ME IN COUNTRY WEEKLY

gbkubfan
02-05-2001, 04:02 AM
Hey...
<br> The issue of me in Country Weekly is out. It is in the Fan Section on page 52. The picture is of me and Garth after the taping at Hollywood Squares. The cover of CW has JoDee Messina on it with two firemen. The issue also has the ballot for the semis in the TNN/CMT awards. Garth is listed for two awards...Impact and Collaboration. So pick up an issue to see me and then vote for Garth.N

JoAnn L.
02-05-2001, 07:35 AM
DR, very cool. I haven't picked up a copy yet...but then again I already know what the picture looks like!
<br>
<br>I wonder if Garth will see it? I think he'll get a kick out of reading about the 350 or more CD's you have bought!! :-)
<br>
<br>I hope to see you Wednesday!!N

wmcinnis
02-05-2001, 10:15 AM
It must have been pretty exciting to have your picture taken with Garth, let alone have it put in Country Weekly:):)
<br>"Only in my dreams":) Haven't picked up my copy yet, but I'll be sure to check it out.
<br>-Susan-N

Yukongirls
02-05-2001, 04:19 PM
We got our country weekly today and we saw you in there! Lucky you meeting Garth we're still waiting for are day to come! We are very patient though.
<br>
<br>
<br>Leanne &
<br>MichelleN

garthfamily
02-05-2001, 06:06 PM
Read the Garth in magazines thread I posted about you:)N

gbkubfan
02-06-2001, 04:33 AM
Hey..I forgot to add, to those of you who post on AOL...I am Garthfandr over on the Garth Board. :-)N

Lost 'n' Garth
02-06-2001, 05:45 AM
Too :cool:
<br>
<br>I'll have to pick one up next time I am out and about!!
<br>
<br>Cheri :)N

loreli
02-06-2001, 12:46 PM
Very Cool!!! :)
<br>
<br>I'll pick one up to :)
<br>
<br>LoriN

Pilgrim
02-06-2001, 01:26 PM
I don't get Country Weekly over here:eek:
<br>
<br>Now I know why!!!!, You're in it:eek::P:P
<br>
<br>Brian;)N

GBsMydance
02-06-2001, 03:07 PM
Hey DR...
<br><picks up pen and paper for autograph from DR, our inhouse famous favorite guy>
<br>
<br>Saw the picture, it brought smiles to my face.. Glad to see you posting again.. have missed you..
<br>
<br>I hope Garth sees it too... :)
<br>
<br> ~Pay'em~ N

Jen19
02-07-2001, 09:39 AM
That is very cool.. I got mine it last year after I met him.. its neat to me in a magazine.. I'm gonna go pick it up and check you pick out.. When is Hollywood Square gonna be on again ??
<br>
<br>JENN

Jude
02-07-2001, 09:45 AM
We don't get it over here either!
<br>
<br>NOT FAIR!! (stamps feet and slams the door)
<br>
<br>
<br>JudeN

hugeGBnutt
02-07-2001, 10:00 AM
hehe i saw you!:)....very very cool!!!!!!:)
<br>
<br>.Ari.N

gbkubfan
02-07-2001, 10:56 AM
Hollywood Squares is supposed to be on the week of March 5. Thats cool you were in the mag also. Ari...:-)N

pldrw
02-10-2001, 03:00 AM
I saw your picture! Glad you got to meet Garth and congradulations on getting it in the magazine. You sure looked happy!And I voted Please, Please guys go vote!! N

sasteen
02-13-2001, 02:57 PM
WHERE do we go and vote?
<br>
<br>Shelly PaN

gbkubfan
02-14-2001, 05:14 AM
Hey Sasteen...The issue of Country Weekly with me has a semi-final ballot with Garth in two categories. We need to help get him into the finals and hopefully a win after that. I bought extra copies of the magazine since I was in it and have mailed in all the ballots. I have been telling my friends who bought the magazine to see me, to either send in the ballot or mail to me. Every vote helps.N

sasteen
02-14-2001, 10:16 AM
gbkubfan,
<br>
<br>Cool, I wil do that.
<br>
<br>And congrats on the pic with Garth
<br>
<br>Shelly PaN

gbkubfan
02-14-2001, 01:55 PM
Thanks....:-)
<br>The local paper ran a story and the picture in todays paper. The Los Alamitos News-Enterprise has me and Garth in it. Pretty cool huh..:-)N

gbkubfan
02-14-2001, 01:55 PM
Thanks....:-)
<br>The local paper ran a story and the picture in todays paper. The Los Alamitos News-Enterprise has me and Garth in it. Pretty cool huh..:-)N

SeaGBfan
02-24-2001, 12:12 AM
So very cool! I can't imagine how awesome that must have been! I bought the issue and looked you up before I left the parking lot! I am so happy for you, that had to be too cool! Congratulations!
Any other information to tell?

Mary

gbkubfan
02-25-2001, 12:02 PM
Hey for those of you in the Long Beach area, todays (sunday) Long Beach Press-Telegram has a story about me meeting Garth and having my picture in Country Weekly. Its in section R on page R4.

GBsgirl
02-25-2001, 09:53 PM
Hey DR,
I turned on the radio today and Jeff Foxworthy's Countdown was on and he was talking about you!!!!!
Guess your're famous now. :)
Then they played Wild Horses. :)
VERY COOL :)

gbkubfan
02-25-2001, 11:10 PM
Hey Pammy, Details. I don't get the countdown..LOL. You can e-mail me at garthfandr@hotmail.com if you don't want to post on PG. Thanks, DR

GBsgirl
02-26-2001, 07:47 AM
DR,
He pretty much read what was written in Country Weekly. :)
Then he said "Somebody get Dennis on the phone...Let's see if we can get him interested in my records."
Then he played Wild Horses which was number 6 on the Countdown.
It was really cool....I had just turned the
radio on a few seconds before he started
talking......And I was like Hey I "know"
that guy he's talking about. :)

gbkubfan
02-26-2001, 01:24 PM
hey..cool for letting me know. Now to track down a station that plays the countdown. Thanks again for the info.

Paula
02-26-2001, 08:55 PM
You can get a list of stations that carry the countdown at http://www.jefffoxworthy.com/countdown/index.html but the next airings may be a newer show.

Paula

gbkubfan
02-27-2001, 12:16 PM
Hey..Thanks Paula. I don't have a station in my area. I am going to try and track down a station who might be able to get me a copy. My local station doesn't carry the show but I am going to talk to my friend whos a DJ and see what he has to say. But if any one knows how I can get copy, feel free to e-mail me.