PDA

View Full Version : Places to go in OK...

Vanessa
02-03-2001, 08:21 AM
Hey ya'll!! :)
<br>
<br> I'm thinkin that I might wanna take a trip to OK. :) Does anyone know of any places that I should/ shouldn't gp to?? famous places.. etc. etc.. :) Thanks!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)
<br>
<br>PS. address are helpful too, hehehe :)N

JoAnn L.
02-03-2001, 08:45 AM
(Does anyone know of any places that I should/ shouldn't gp to?? famous places.. etc. etc.. Thanks!! )
<br>
<br>I loved OK. City. If you are in that area, you HAVE to go the Federal Building Memorial!! Also in OKC there is an area downtown call "Old Brick Town." I was there two summers ago and it was being renovated. It was a place I told myself if ever in the area again I wanted to be sure to go back and visit...even spend a couple days there. A restaurant I really enjoyed named "Brick Town Brewery" famous for home made beer, but the food menu is to die for and the price for a meal is a steal.
<br>
<br>We ate pizza in a place adjacent to a baseball field. It was upstairs and you could watch a game live while eating. Of course during a game the window seats you pay per hour not what you ate, that is separate.
<br>
<br>If you make it north to where someone famous we know has been hanging out...all I can say is where NOT to go. I understand Sandy's gates, & her parents gates are off limits. I would think that goes without saying. I think the area is patrolled and you will be asked to leave?
<br>Yukon is a fun place to go see history of Garth's early days. You won't find much there to by, but it's neat to see where he grew up.
<br>
<br>I have never been north of OKC so that is the best I can do. Good luck and have fun.
<br>
<br>OK. was one of my most favorite states we traveled to...too bad it is the tornado capital!
<br>
<br>N

Vanessa
02-03-2001, 12:03 PM
Thanks so much for your help JoAnn L. :) I really apprecaite it!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Yukongirls
02-03-2001, 03:19 PM
Vanessa,
<br> As you know we live here in Yukon, OK. If you come we can show you the house Garth grew up in and take you to the place he always eats when he stops in. Just show you around you know!
<br> There is a good zoo here, well we are having a problem keeping the dolpins alive. So that is a bummer. Also theres the Cowboy Hall of Fame. Like JoAnn mentioned theres the Brick Town.
<br> In Stillwater we could show you OSU campuse and the house him and Sandy stayed in.
<br> So if you come and want us to show you around e-mail us.
<br>
<br>Leanne & MichelleN

Vanessa
02-03-2001, 03:41 PM
Thanks ya'll for your help!! I'll keep you in mind.. :) I might be heading down to TN after graduation and I think I might stop in at OK to visit!! Sounds like lots of fun!! Thanks for your help, I really apprecaite it!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N