PDA

View Full Version : "Rare" charcoal portrait

Lonesome Dove
02-02-2001, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting although I've been here reading everything that everyone has written for a long time. I have a "rare" charcoal portrait of Garth by atrist Gary Saderup. It is dated 1993. It is 20x24. I was wondering if anyone else has one of these and just how rare is it? I saw it on the auction site at the PG Store. I would never dream of parting with it. My sister got it for me a few years ago for Christmas. It is very special to me. If anyone has one of these or knows anything about it, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for listenin'.N

Chris Gaines
02-02-2001, 01:05 PM
it's not really that rare..
<br>
<br>I've seen it sold in Nashville for $20.00 in novelty stores, and they had PLENTY :x
<br>
<br>Just so ya know :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

honky
02-02-2001, 02:35 PM
<br>Hmm.... can anyone make a link to that portrait?
<br>
<br>I would love to see it :)
<br>
<br>
<br>Tommy
<br>N

PJ
02-02-2001, 05:54 PM
I bought mine at a cart in the mall for $7.50. They had a bunch of the artist's work. I also got Magic Johnson. They were $10 each or 2 for $15.N

Paula
02-03-2001, 11:44 AM
Tommy,
<br>
<br>I can't do a link that works, but if you click on the PG Store link at the left of this page, then select Auctions from the drop-down menu on the left and search for Garth Brooks, the page describing the portrait will come up. There is one day left on the auction for this piece. I have also seen this charcoal portrait elsewhere online but I don't remember where. In any event, I think your portraits of GB are as good as, if not better than, this one.
<br>
<br>PaulaN

minnesotagbfan
02-03-2001, 11:58 AM
hmmmmmmm
<br>
<br>i have one of these on my wall and i also have a tshirt of it so i dont know that it is all that rare.....
<br>
<br>RussN

Lonesome Dove
02-03-2001, 03:36 PM
Thanks for responding. I never gave my portrait a thought as to value or rarity until I saw it posted on the auction site and labeled as "rare", then I was curious. I guess it isn't too rare. Oh well, I still love it just as much as before. Thanks for listenin'.N

babyblue777
02-03-2001, 07:47 PM
Ok, I have this portrait in my room, I'm not joking, it's up on my wall. It's a 20x22 (because I can't find a frame that will fit it).
<br>I got mine at one of those celeb. wax museums and they had portraits of all of them out in the gift shop. They had one of Garth and my Aunt bought it for me for Christmas. It was about $45.00, there were about 3 of the Garth ones left. The artist, Gary Saderup, did one of all of the celebs in the museum. N

wmcinnis
02-04-2001, 08:11 AM
I guess when I go to Nashville this summer I'll be able to find one of these sketches I hope? I've been looking for one for a while now. We have a guy locally who does pencil sketches and I noticed he had one of Garth, so I inquired about it and he said he didn't have the original there with him because the country stars don't sell that well, and I said, "this is Garth we're talking about."
<br>He just chuckled and said he could bring the original to me the next day and being it doesn't sell very well, he'd let it go for $155.00:eek:
<br>Well, I thought that was pretty pricey and didn't get it. I know it's alot of work but I'm sure there's better out there:)
<br>So, Tommy do you sell your work? Do you have a site that I could see your sketches on?
<br>-Susan-
<br>N

GRTH FAN
02-07-2001, 10:55 AM
I also have one of these great pictures and will never get rid of it!!
<br>Donna :)N

Chris Gaines
02-07-2001, 11:02 AM
Susan,
<br>
<br>if you go in August for the "Party" witht he PGers.. we can lead ya to the right store ;)
<br>
<br>JasonN

wmcinnis
02-08-2001, 05:22 PM
Thanks Jason, I'll be there:)
<br>-Susan-
<br>N