PDA

View Full Version : article about le ann and her new CD ..... disturbing news :(

minnesotagbfan
02-02-2001, 06:59 AM
http://www.billboard.com/daily/2001/0202_04.aspN

loreli
02-02-2001, 12:43 PM
:( I'm about ready to send mine back
<br>
<br>LoriN

Pilgrim
02-02-2001, 01:21 PM
WOW; that is SO rude:eek:
<br>
<br>I am amazed they can actually get away with this:(
<br>
<br>BrianN

honky
02-02-2001, 01:55 PM
<br>Oh boy.... LeAnn has so much trouble lately :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>Tommy
<br>N

Garthfan92
02-02-2001, 04:08 PM
I was shocked when I heard about this. I can't believe the record company can legally do this. I'm not her biggest fan in the world, but I hate to see her having so many problems. I sure hope things change for her.
<br>
<br>LisaN

meli
02-04-2001, 06:58 PM
What's funny was I was watching TV last night and a mail order commerical came on for her CD. I thought that was rather odd considering it was a new CD...
<br>
<br>As for the record label having the right to do that, I think they do. I don't agree with it, but they do. I think late last year Congress was considering a bill that gives the record labels the right to label music something along the lines of "Work for Hire", which means ultimately they own the music the artist makes. That can potentially affect not only distribution but also royalites paid to the artist, because technically under the new classification the artist is an employee of the label.
<br>
<br>All the more reason artists like Le Ann and others need to make sure in their contracts that they own their music and have total control over it. Garth did a favor to Country artists by making it where Capitol essentially only has the right to distribute his music if he gives them permission. The artists need to pay attention. N

loreli
02-06-2001, 07:08 AM
Rimes or Reasons?
<br>LeAnn Rimes' father/producer and record label have responded to the star's statement claiming that her I Need You CD was made without her input. Wilbur Rimes says his daughter "loved the way [the disc] came together when it was complete," while Curb Records calls it "the best album that she has ever recorded."
<br>
<br>Her Father really shouldn't be contradicting her in public. This is not good. :( Is Curb paying him to say that? And what's Curb supposed to say oops we made a mistake? This is bad :x
<br>
<br>LoriN

no1cowgirl
02-07-2001, 09:45 AM
Well, that's what she gets for trying to get out of her record deal.
<br>
<br>
<br>Actually, I don't think any artist deserves this, but I also KIND OF see where Curb is coming from. Curb is a good label...I have a lot or respect for Mike Curb.
<br>
<br>
<br>KristaN