PDA

View Full Version : when there is noone around.. Garth?

honky
03-21-2000, 10:41 AM
<B>PGers</B>,<P>WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ONE?<P>As I am repeating the song for like the 10th times, I am starting to relate the song to myself.<P>Here is my question: Do you relate the song to yourself or to GARTH?<P><BR>It's an awesome tune!! This song reminds me of how sometimes "a tape of failure is playing inside my head" :(<P><BR>TommyN

03-21-2000, 10:49 AM
I can relate to the song The Fever, because sometimes I feel like I have a fever.N

garthette
03-21-2000, 11:03 AM
The song that I most relate to is "It's midnight Cinderella" off of the Fresh Horses Album (but ofcourse) because I feel like a princess listening to his music. And because Cinderella had horses carry her to the ball N

Pilgrim
03-21-2000, 01:20 PM
I don't relate it to anyone :)<P>And especially not to Garth :D<P>How could he possibly sing about failures???<P>BrianN

Patty8660
03-21-2000, 01:42 PM
WTNOA,reminds me of myself sometimes...<P>"This is a glimpse of the child that's within<BR>He's so immature but he's still my best friend"<P>I also think it might be a little bit of Garth, when he's not in the limelight. <P>"A tape of failures playin'inside my head"<P>I'm sure he feels he has some, I think we all do once in a while. It may not be in his professional life, could be something in his personal life...who knows, only he does.<P>Anyway, I love this song alot, whenever I'm playing Sevens, it is usually replayed at least 3 or 4 times.<P>Patty :)N

honky
03-21-2000, 02:59 PM
Brian,<P>When I said "relating to Garth", I am not saying you related the song to Garth. How do I say this... um.. it's more like you see Garth singing the song for himself.. do I make sense here? ;)<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-21-2000, 09:14 PM
Oh, I get your drift :)<P>Well, I can imagine him do that :)<P>As long as he don't think he's the guy he is singing about :)<P>BrianN

honky
03-21-2000, 10:34 PM
Brian,<P>Why? I think it's perfectly fine for him to sing about himself. Despite the fact that he is very successful over his music career, he might feel empty sometimes alone. I think it's natural to feel this way. I have done the same thing :o I know I am content of my life, but I still think about my failures.<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
03-21-2000, 10:51 PM
<B>Tommy</B><P>It's still a bit odd :o I don't like the line about "failures".<BR>He simply has nothing to whine about. He has got more than any of us can ever dream of.<P>WE have made it possible for him to retire at the end of the year and enjoy the rest of his life if that's what he wants :)<BR>He can feed all of his family for the rest of his life and even the next generations :)<P>That's why I think he has nothing to complain about :)<P>But of course you can feel empty inside but I don't think being one of the normal stars he is that this should be a problem for him. He has a lot of freedom if he choose the right way to live :)<P>Brian<BR>N

MelMalovesGB4eva
03-22-2000, 07:12 AM
I relate it to Garth. I always picture him lying in bed at 4:00am with noone around.N

Hawk7lte
03-22-2000, 07:28 AM
At night all cats are black....and sometimes so are all thoughts.<P>We startle awake from some dream; our first breath of air a gasp; our unconscious re-examining an event; our doubts, fears, and regrets have resurfaced. <P>We lie there with our "what ifs" and they become reality. If we're really blessed we have someone we can turn to who will cuddle close and whisper the reassurance we need...or just find comfort with the warmth of another being near which makes those fears disappear; if not we have to confront those parts of our self again and hopefully come to terms with...(make friends....again.<P>I relate the song to all of us that struggle with "the child within" from time to time.<P><BR>Hawk N

dbwelch
03-22-2000, 01:23 PM
Gosh, I'm writing too much today. Look at the pic with this song inside the CD. I see him looking pretty introspective. It sounds like a "healthy" look at the reality of good times and bad, our imperfections, and that person inside who still isn't sure of himself. Sounds like Garth Brooks to me.<BR>DonnaN

pldrw
03-23-2000, 08:32 AM
Even Superstars Have moments of insucurent(MISSPELL I KNOW)!! Who dosen't???If you listen and look the emotions real close sometime you can feel it. I noticed it when Mom Brooks was dianozed with cancer the first time in 1997!!He was real upset and you could see it an interveiw he did on Crook and Chase!! IT MADE ME SAD!!!!!!!! People were picking on him then !!Saying he was bad for country music and such!! Some of the people were people he admired in Country music. (GEOGRE JONES) But several people told him he was wanted in country music and they enjoyed his music including Mark Miller from Sawyer Brown !!!! I love that man!! He will try to cheer up anyone !!! N

GarthLVR88
03-23-2000, 12:08 PM
OMGarth! I melt everytime he does that little giggle at the end. *turns into a red pile of goo* ;) I love that whistling too! He sounds like a little kid when he does it. But back to the topic.....I'd say the part that most reminds me of Garth is: "<B>This is the dance, I do everyday, I let my feet go and get carried away, I let my soul lead and follow the sound, It's the dance that I do when there's no one around</B>" My gutter-brain kicks in about here and visions of Garth's [b]swivel[/b[ dance through my head....... ;)<P>RachelN