PDA

View Full Version : Almost ready to..... WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pilgrim
01-31-2001, 01:24 PM
APRIL 3 LIKELY RELEASE DATE FOR LIVE ALBUM
<br>Live album on the schedule for spring; DVD still strong possibility.
<br>
<br>While there hasn't been an official public announcement, a live double album from Bruce Springsteen has just been listed Columbia's release schedule (available to Sony corporate employees for the sake of ad preparation, etc.). We generally view announcements from Springsteen's publicist as the official announcement, so bear in mind this isn't set in stone--but at this point it's everything but. So April 3 is the magic day, currently scheduled for the release of Springsteen's first live album since In Concert: MTV Plugged.
<br>
<br>According to the Columbia schedule, the live set will be released as a double album in the CD, cassette, minidisc and LP formats. As for the content, we're still awaiting the track listing and other details, but we're expecting the double album to be taken largely if not entirely from the E Street Band's last stand at Madison Square Garden in the summer of 2000. Erik Flannigan reported a few weeks back on Wall of Sound that the live album "will focus on the handful of new songs that Springsteen debuted in the waning weeks of the tour." Prime candidates for a live album have been "American Skin (41 Shots)," "Code of Silence," "Further On Up the Road," and "Land of Hope and Dreams," and now that we seem to be looking at a double set, there should be quite a few other tour highlights to round it out.
<br>
<br>The DVD Watch continues as well, with the prognosis still looking good. Though there has yet to be confirmation from official channels, a release still seems likely for the long-awaited DVD, also taken from Madison Sqaure Garden. Several sources now report that a Springsteen performance will be broadcast on HBO on April 7; this TV showing would likely be the same material as planned for the DVD, and might set the DVD's release date back a bit, changing the earlier report that the live album and DVD would be released at the same time.
<br>
<br>Remember, as always, none of this is set in stone until officially announced; Springsteen has been known to change his mind at a moment's notice; this is not an official announcement. Watch this space for updates
<br>
<br>Brian:):):):):)N

hugeGBnutt
01-31-2001, 03:56 PM
Wow, thats really cool, thanks for sharing the news!:):):) .next to Garth and U2 Bruce is my next fav so thats very very cool news!
<br>
<br>.Ari.N

loreli
01-31-2001, 05:13 PM
Cool Brian. :)
<br>
<br>You will have to review it. I'm not that fond of live albums.
<br>
<br>LoriN

fuzzwuzz
01-31-2001, 05:17 PM
Brian I've been sick and I STILL haven't gotten those new Bruce DVD's for the player I got for Christmas. Maybe if I go buy them I'll finally feel like figuring out how to hook it up! Do you have one?N

Pilgrim
02-01-2001, 12:57 PM
I am a bad fan Dale:rolleyes:
<br>
<br>I haven't gotten them yet either:eek:
<br>
<br>And I don't have a DVD player either, but that wouldn't keep me from buying DVD's:o
<br>
<br>BrianN

Dancer
02-02-2001, 06:06 AM
If Trisha does another live concert video, I think that I should be there and only the people that love Trisha and her music the most should be there, so we can make the experience and video more than a masterpiece. We will give Trisha an audience louder than she has ever seen before!! We will make every little detail count so big that her video goes down in history as one of the best!! We will give Trisha an experience she will never forget!! I also think that if Trisha does another live concert video, that it should be broadcast on every major tv channel in the world!! Her concert would be viewed by more people than thirty Super Bowls and thirty presidential inaugurations put together!! And yes, when it happens, I will be there!! :)<P>(This message has been edited by Dancer)N

Pilgrim
02-02-2001, 01:20 PM
Very cool Dancer:):)
<br>
<br>But how can 5 fans make so much noise??;);):P
<br>
<br>Brian;)*running*;)N